PDA

View Full Version : BIS - EMail

tmel173
04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Where can I setup my email BIS account to read OWA other than the device itself ? I have searched this on the BB FAQ forum as I thought it might be but I could not find it .

Or better still can I add my BIS account to my outlook ?

rb8310
04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Don't think you can

rambo47
04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
For AT&T you can set up BIS email accounts from a pc at BlackBerry Internet Service (http://www.att.blackberry.com/)

Your email address you get for free with the AT&T data plan, xxxx@<hidden>kberry .net, is only usable through your Blackberry itself. There is no more external access to that account. Used to be, but about 2 years ago they did away with it.

tmel173
04-21-2009, 03:58 PM
SO what email type is blackberry - POP3,IMAP ?I was thinking of using my outlook to view the emails.Would that work or has anyone tried it ?

Motorcycle Mama
04-21-2009, 04:06 PM
You can't read your @<hidden> email on a computer. At least not directly. You will need to log into your BIS and Auto BCC the messages to another email address that you have.

Also, as to your first question, you can add an email account that uses OWA to your BlackBerry. Just type the username and password into the setup boxes on your BIS page and then when you get the message that the email address can't be setup, click the option for "I will provide the settings" and paste the URL into the box on the BIS site.

takeshi
04-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Don't think you can
Sure you can. BIS supports OWA.

Dawg
04-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Sure you can. BIS supports OWA.

I think what hes wanting to do you cant do anymore. He wants his BB email read via pop

CO_BBTechie
04-22-2009, 05:05 PM
I think there are actually two questions here now.

Yes you can use BIS to forward mail from OWA

No you cannot use Outlook to read your @<hidden> email. Only the device can access that.