PDA

View Full Version : Phone Not Working Properly

fourstringfuror
04-23-2009, 07:01 PM
All right guys, I've searched the forum already and couldn't find an answer, so cut me slack . . . when I make or receive a call from my BB, the other party cannot hear me, but I can hear them. There is no sound at all coming through to the other party - I tested this by calling my BB from my desk phone and by calling my wife's phone. What would cause this? I'd rather not deal with our IT support just because this device has been so buggy already and I've given them enough grief.

Any ideas?

kjjb0204
04-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Are you using a headset of any type or just talking straight into the phone? If it's not on mute and it's not working, it's definitely a device issue that needs to be fixed or replaced.

dc/dc
04-23-2009, 07:23 PM
You need a new device.

fourstringfuror
04-24-2009, 09:17 AM
No headset, just using the BlackBerry. I have a sneaking suspicion it's related to either the Uber Twitter app I installed or the new FB for BB, since the problem developed around the same time I installed them. Is that possible?

kjjb0204
04-24-2009, 11:03 AM
No headset, just using the BlackBerry. I have a sneaking suspicion it's related to either the Uber Twitter app I installed or the new FB for BB, since the problem developed around the same time I installed them. Is that possible?

Maybe. Just delete those apps, reboot with battery pull, then try the phone again.

fourstringfuror
04-27-2009, 01:51 PM
No luck. Thanks for the advice, though.

kjjb0204
04-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Seems like it's just a bad device then.