PDA

View Full Version : Cingular 8700 is UNLOCKED!

Boy Genius
11-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Wow...guys...my 8700 is UNLOCKED. I repeat UNLOCKED. I put my sidekick sim card in and phone works perfectly, says data connection refused but I am guessing thats because there is no blackberry plan, only sidekick plan...will try with a friends tmo blackberry sim card...very strange, it might be because of the device I got at the event, or the devices coming out are unlocked.

mike_187
11-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Wow...guys...my 8700 is UNLOCKED. I repeat UNLOCKED. I put my sidekick sim card in and phone works perfectly, says data connection refused but I am guessing thats because there is no blackberry plan, only sidekick plan...will try with a friends tmo blackberry sim card...very strange, it might be because of the device I got at the event, or the devices coming out are unlocked.

just go to your sim card options( advanced options then sim card on the 8700) and type MEPD and if it says network inactive, then it is unlocked, if it is active for network it is locked to only cingular sims.

also if by any chance says disabled for network it is still unlocked, get back to us.

Boy Genius
11-09-2005, 12:32 AM
it is 100% unlocked, I have no idea about network inactive when cingular sim is in everything says disabled, network subset, service provider etc, and when tmobile sim is in its the exact same, again if it was LOCKED you couldnt make or receive phone calls...device is unlocked.

motorsport96
11-09-2005, 01:04 AM
is the phone working alot better?

Boy Genius
11-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Phone has been fine, restarted a couple times and now with brief use its fine, I dont use it regularly but seems ok...I think everything was going on when I tried to make the call, browser had a page open, other things open, who knows...ok now...

Soapm
11-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Since you have two, if you want to part with one just holla!

map
11-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Sweet! I predict a thriving market on eBay on, oh let me think really hard, November 22nd!?!

Number13
11-09-2005, 09:43 AM
They will probably start locking them at some point. The RAZR was unlocked initially. Eventually they started locking them. The sooner you get one the better your chances of getting it unlocked I would think.

barjohn
11-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Now that the 8700r has been announced with a release date of 11/29, I wonder how one can get ther hands on that nice black one? I wonder what the price will be.

I was speaking with a RIM exec yesterday and he told me that they are really having a hard time filling the orders for Cingular. He said it is really crazy around there. Add the Rogers release and it will be even more difficult, I would imagine.

AlbertoM
11-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Phone has been fine, restarted a couple times and now with brief use its fine, I dont use it regularly but seems ok...I think everything was going on when I tried to make the call, browser had a page open, other things open, who knows...ok now...
Maybe you should update your 8700 Issues thread? :smile:
(y)

mlustgarten
02-05-2006, 02:54 PM
just go to your sim card options( advanced options then sim card on the 8700) and type MEPD and if it says network inactive, then it is unlocked, if it is active for network it is locked to only cingular sims.

also if by any chance says disabled for network it is still unlocked, get back to us.

Hi:

I tried everything and it says Network Disabled...how do I enable it?