PDA

View Full Version : Can't edit ringtones for gmail accounts?

jharker
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Hey, all! I have an 8830 on Verizon running 4.5.0.77. I can't seem to edit the ringtones for my gmail accounts.

I have two gmail accounts and two other email accounts. I don't use the gmail app, I just have everything installed as a regular email account via the BB email setup page.

I edit the ringtone profiles normally, by going to ring select -> Advanced -> Edit "Normal". There I see the usual list: Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, etc., and my four email addresses:

xxxx@<hidden>
yyyy@<hidden>
zzzz@<hidden>
wwww@<hidden>

If I click on "xxxx@<hidden>" or "zzzz@<hidden>", I can go in and change ringtone, volume, etc. as normal. But if I click on either of the gmail addresses, nothing happens. If I pull up the menu and select "edit", nothing still happens.

I've tried resending service books and doing a battery pull. Neither worked. I currently get no tone when I receive new email on either gmail account.

Any ideas? Many thanks for your suggestions.

akosnitzky
04-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Do you have a clean backup where you can go to advanced and restore the profiles?

Dawg
04-28-2009, 04:08 PM
by any chance did you edit the OS? I know I did this once and that same exact thing happened.

SteveO86
04-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Do a battery pull or update the OS.. it is a bug I experienced with that OS.

Check the top of this forum for the latest OS for the 8830.

FF2
04-28-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't know if it matters, particularly since you apparently can edit some of the stuff but wasn't Beta .77 the one that did have ringtone issues - they were not included in the software package?

SteveO86
04-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Wirelessly posted

I think you are correct... Granted a couple of the 4.5 betas were missing those.

I did have to tinker with the media cod file to get them in. There.

But I had the same issue when running .077

Definitely worth upgrading.