PDA

View Full Version : GPS not working, Can't install blackberry maps

northsidetouch
04-28-2009, 05:27 PM
I am currently unable to access the GPS function on my phone. It was working, and then stopped. I mainly access the GPS through google maps which now constantly gives me the message, gps unavailable or temporarily unavailable which has been happening for 5 days.

I do not have blackberry maps on the phone, upon directing my phones web browser to the correct site I go to install it and it says that my device is not supported. I am using a Pearl 8130, with the 4.5 operating software. It is also unable to be installed through usb. I know that my gps is not working and that a warranty exchange is required however my carrier wants me to prove that another app is not working. I have downloaded 3 or 4 type gps apps, none of which can access the gps. But they want me to try blackberry maps before I can send this phone out for a warranty. Exchange. Any suggestions on how I can get blackberry maps to install?

dc/dc
04-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Have you ensured that GPS is turned on in Advanced Options?

If it is on, are you on a BES? If so, your administrator may have blocked GPS.

SteveO86
04-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Why doesn't your BB connect via USB?

Try downloading BBMaps, from mobile.blackberry.com I doubt that will work though.

rambo47
04-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Try Google Maps. It's a free download from google.com. Just navigate to Maps and you should be prompted to download and install. (y)

dc/dc
04-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Try Google Maps. It's a free download from google.com. Just navigate to Maps and you should be prompted to download and install. (y)

I believe that is the app the OP was using to begin with that quit working...

takeshi
04-29-2009, 09:17 AM
But they want me to try blackberry maps before I can send this phone out for a warranty.
If that's the case then they need to sort out why you can't load BB Maps or escalate the matter to RIM.