PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Icons

rugmankc
04-28-2009, 07:22 PM
I upgraded from OS 4.1 to 4.5. Went well, not overly impressed compared to the original OS.

Question: Had to reinstall a couple programs. One was Google Maps. I deleted it first but it left the icon on the screen. I hid it after I downloaded the new one.

How do I delete the empty icon, or do I have to leave it hidden?

Ken

jsconyers
04-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Empty icon?

It should be in Options > Advanced Options > Applications. You should be able to locate the application and delete it from there.

rugmankc
04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Empty icon?

It should be in Options > Advanced Options > Applications. You should be able to locate the application and delete it from there.

I already did that, and it doesn't show in applications anymore, but the "empty" icon is still on my home screen. This may be due to the fact that it never got correctly reinstalled when I upgraded. I now have the newly downloaded icon on the home screen and hid the useless one. But, still would like to get rid of it.

Ken

jsconyers
04-28-2009, 09:05 PM
What do you mean empty? Does nothing happen if you select it?

Try deleting Google Maps again and see if they both are gone. If so, then reinstall it.

kirrinjones
04-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Wirelessly posted

Battery pull?

rugmankc
04-28-2009, 09:29 PM
What do you mean empty? Does nothing happen if you select it?

Try deleting Google Maps again and see if they both are gone. If so, then reinstall it.

When I try to open it has an error starting message about Collection List Field not found. This happenned after upgrading. I will try do delete the new maps and see if both icons go then reinstall.

Battery pull did not work.

I guess there is no way to just delete the icon.

rugmankc
04-28-2009, 09:40 PM
When I try to open it has an error starting message about Collection List Field not found. This happenned after upgrading. I will try do delete the new maps and see if both icons go then reinstall.

Battery pull did not work.

I guess there is no way to just delete the icon.

Upon closer look, this map icon has the compass in the top right corner and is labeled Maps. Unlike Google Maps that has the red pin in it. Is the icon with the compass Blackberry Maps, or the older version Google Maps icon. If Blackberry Maps I could reinstall that from app loader.

Ken

rugmankc
04-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Upon closer look, this map icon has the compass in the top right corner and is labeled Maps. Unlike Google Maps that has the red pin in it. Is the icon with the compass Blackberry Maps, or the older version Google Maps icon. If Blackberry Maps I could reinstall that from app loader.

Ken

Resolved: The map with the compass was Blackberry Maps that did not get loaded on upgrade like Google Maps. All are now loaded and working. I like Google Maps a whole lot more.

Thanks for the replies,

Ken

jsconyers
04-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Good deal! I am glad you figured it out and posted the solution to help someone else that could possibly run into this in the future.

rugmankc
04-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Good deal! I am glad you figured it out and posted the solution to help someone else that could possibly run into this in the future.

Your Welcome,

Ken