PDA

View Full Version : Password Keeper Recovery

Marq Linden
04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I recently converted my Verizon 8830 from personal use to an enterprise server. I am unable to find my "password keeper" data. I synchronized the night before with the Blackberry desktop. How do I recover all of my passwords that were stored there?

Marq

michaelalanjones
04-29-2009, 11:52 AM
You can do this easily with the Backup/Resport, using the Advanced setting. I have this happen all the time, when I upgrade my OS to a leaked version. Just do File->Open... to connect to your backup file, and find the Password data in there and restore it. It usually says something about the [main] password when you open it up for the first time after a restore, but your current [main] password is still valid.

JSanders
04-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Desktop Manager > Backup/Restore > Advanced. Find the PK data and click on it then click on the arrow in the middle to move that data to the right hand window (the device).

juwaack68
04-29-2009, 02:01 PM
In order to restore a Password Keeper database to a device on a BES, the BES Admin will need to disable wireless synchronization for the user (or maybe Auto Wireless Backup...can't remember off the top of my head).

The user can then do the Advanced restore, then the BES Admin can turn both of the above things back on for the user.

koidy
05-04-2009, 07:18 AM
I have a similar but different problem. I had my password keeper data backed up from my curve 8320, but then dropped it in the ocean. I've now got a Bold, but is there any way to get my password keeper data from my 8320's backup file on to my Bold?

keithbowles
05-10-2009, 12:16 PM
My question is even more basic. How do I see the contents of PK on my Mac?

evbart
08-07-2009, 03:12 PM
if i backup the PK from a prevous blackbberry, can i restore to a new one?

can i do it if its the same phone? an previous storm that broke, and a new one...

kurichan
08-08-2009, 11:26 AM
@<hidden> yes