PDA

View Full Version : Press Release 8700R Reviews & Opinions.

Hobbesgsr
11-09-2005, 11:25 AM
It was short and sweet...wayy out at the Docks.

A cheezy actress named "Isis" presented the RIM and Rogers rep.

They served some good coffee and juice before and pastries and drinks after.

They spent some money on the ice sculptures (Tagline: "the Blackberry 8700r is cool") of the podium and background ice cubes. Plus some ice monoliths of the Intel Inside logo, Blackberry logo and 8700r .

Got my voucher for an 8700r to be shipped to me.
Got a loot bag with a bling chrome cork screw in a nice case, an enterprise software CD and some brochures.

Overall, well done.

The 8700r itself, I WANT ONE!!

Tom
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
It was very well done, much better then the chaotic NYC release that I keep hearing about.

Got to finally speak to Mike Lazaridis, as well as his assistant and several marketing managers at RIM. Very well informed people I have to say, any question asked, was easily answered.

The actress was really cheesy. Mark and I got there alittle early, and saw the actress practising before hand, pure cheese.

The pastries and drinks were superb,
but i dont appreciate having to wait for my 8700r, sure its free, but they made me want it NOW as well.

As for the Loot bag, you got a cork screw?

I got a BlackBerry embossed Leather Notebook, and BlackBerry Pen. Quite Nice, along with the regular brochures and enterprise cd.

Tom
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Overall, a good time, I wish I didnt have to leave so early.

dtmfjunkie
11-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Any pics from the party?

Tom
11-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Any pics from the party?

I do not believe cameras are allowed at events of this nature.

dtmfjunkie
11-10-2005, 10:02 AM
That doesn't make sense. It's a press release party, "press" usually bring cameras to events.

corey@12mile
11-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey... you guys have no idea what happens when you take a pic at a RIM event... wahola! RIM's legal counsel has coronary and sicks the whole pack of wolves at you... sorta...

Trust me.. I know...

Mark Rejhon
11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Mark and I got there alittle earlyTom, it was very nice to finally meet you at the Rogers Launch event.

Very impressive. I got to meet a few great people, but I didn't get the guts to introduce myself to Mike -- As a deaf guy, it's very hard for me to introduce myself to extremely busy people. Funny that I have the guts to skydive 130 times (http://www.marky.com/misc/skydiving/jump100a.jpg) but not always the guts to introduce myself offline.

For other of you forum members and carrier representatives that missed me, a belated hello back to you all.