PDA

View Full Version : Turn off OWA

jason.cyr13
05-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I have my work email sent to me through OWA and BIS. I would like to be able to turn it off without deleting the account. I'm not important enough to get on the BES, so I am quite happy with this method.

Hopefully there is a way somewhere. I'm with Rogers, and they have an email setup page to setup emails through BIS, but I don't see a suspend option.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks All!

Dubdub
05-01-2009, 03:01 PM
AFAIK, the only way to actually turn it off would be to delete the account in BIS and then add it back once you want email again. There is no suspend option that I am aware of.

You could disable data, but then you would have no Internet or mail and all your mail would be delivered once you turned data back on.

Thatzmister2u
05-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I have my work email sent to me through OWA and BIS. I would like to be able to turn it off without deleting the account. I'm not important enough to get on the BES, so I am quite happy with this method.

Hopefully there is a way somewhere. I'm with Rogers, and they have an email setup page to setup emails through BIS, but I don't see a suspend option.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks All!

Just login to your BIS account and for this account uncheck "Forward to Handheld". When you wish to receive email again just log back in and re-check it. Please note you will not receive any email that was received during the time the setting was changed and restored.

You will have full functionality of the BB, you just won't receive email for the account.

Enjoy!

E-

Dubdub
05-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Forgot about using the filters to do it. Thanks for the catch.

jason.cyr13
05-01-2009, 11:02 PM
I was just going to say that it was in the filters section. Thanks guys for all your help!