PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry8830 won't synch with BES

ob2420
05-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I have a BES version 4.1.6.20. I have 26 current users on the server that are working fine. There is a mixture of BB8830's and BB9500's being used. I have a new user that I am trying to set up on the server. I have added the user to the server and used the BB desktop manager to generate the pin for the server. Each time I try this, the user ended up with an error in the IT Policy and the device won't synch with the BES. I have wiped the device clean several times, I have resent the IT Policy to the device several times, I have deleted and re-added the user to the BES several times, all to no avail. I am out of things to try to get her device working. When I synch it up, everything will work for a few minutes to hours. Then I get the Policy error once again. There are no errors in the event log on the server. If anyone has any ideas for me to try, they would be greatly appreciated.

x14
05-03-2009, 04:29 AM
A security wipe usually fixes this issue.

ob2420
05-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I have done a security wipe at least 5 times. I've noticed that answer in other forums so it was one of the first things I tried. I think it is something more since it has happened with 2 different phones for the same user.

djm2
05-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, have you tried activating the device for a different user to see if it "sticks" with that person? Maybe this is something tied to the user account (in Exchange?) as opposed to the device? This is just a WAG.

Kris Wilson
05-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I have done a security wipe at least 5 times. I've noticed that answer in other forums so it was one of the first things I tried. I think it is something more since it has happened with 2 different phones for the same user.

have you double checked the wireless plan is set for BES and not BIS? do you have RIM support...they might have a "backdoor" answer.....