PDA

View Full Version : Sync from BB to Outlook when on the road

kurgan
05-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi all,
I have a company BB on BES and want to sync from my BB to Outlook when I don't have any other connection to our exchange server. The company has locked out web access so I can't use it as modem and go direct to the exchange server but I thought there might be a way to get the messages etc that have been forwarded to the device onto my laptop?

TIA

dc/dc
05-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Are you not in a service area?

jeremyckitching
05-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8900)

So are you saying that you have no access to your exchange server via your laptop, like through a VPN? Because the messages should be on the exchange server and would show up in Outlook once your laptop was able to connect to the exchange server. If that is the case it would seem that some sort of VPN connection setup would be best so that you can get your emails on your laptop. There isn't a way, as far as I know, to sync email. It is reconciled between the exchange server and the BlackBerry.

TXLady
05-02-2009, 10:59 AM
My company BB is on BES. In order to keep any messages on the BB, I have to keep them on the server and not download to the desktop. Once they are downloaded to the desktop, what you do on the BB no longer affects them. (I hate this because I have a 500 MB limit on the server so can't keep all email on the server and must move some to the desktop which complicates email management. I would prefer to keep it all in one place.)

I also have to keep my calendar and contacts on the server in order to keep them synched to the BB.

dc/dc
05-02-2009, 11:03 AM
My company BB is on BES. In order to keep any messages on the BB, I have to keep them on the server and not download to the desktop. Once they are downloaded to the desktop, what you do on the BB no longer affects them. (I hate this because I have a 500 MB limit on the server so can't keep all email on the server and must move some to the desktop which complicates email management. I would prefer to keep it all in one place.)

I also have to keep my calendar and contacts on the server in order to keep them synched to the BB.

And this is not related at all to the original topic.

kurgan
05-02-2009, 03:41 PM
It seeems a bit ridiculous that if I'm working remotely all my email is on my BB but I can't get it to my laptop without downloading it all again, but if that's what it does then I guess I don't have the option.

dc/dc
05-02-2009, 05:07 PM
It seeems a bit ridiculous that if I'm working remotely all my email is on my BB but I can't get it to my laptop without downloading it all again, but if that's what it does then I guess I don't have the option.

That's the way it works with all mobile e-mail devices, not just BlackBerry, so I'm not sure how that's ridiculous.