PDA

View Full Version : Push & Wireless Sync w/o BES?

BlackberryLive
05-02-2009, 02:11 AM
I'm currently using BIS from AT&T and a host of desktop tools to sync calendar and contacts (as best i can). I was about two seconds away from buying either an iPhone or Htc Fuze when the salesman told me I could get my 2003 Exchange server to push my email and sync everything else wirelessly. I've never, ever heard of that nor has my IT&S guy. Predictably I ping'd him with a bunch of questions he couldn't answer and finally he just gave me the AT&T CS number to call but assured me it was possible.

I've been bouncing around google for a while now and all I've come up with is BlackBerry Professional Software Express that seems like it might meet my objective (and its free for one user). Aside from that solution can anyone here tell me if its possible to marry a BB to exchange w/o BES? If so, will you point me to information on what needs to be done to take advantage of that?

thanks in advance.

dc/dc
05-02-2009, 08:11 AM
No, there is no other option besides Google Sync.

However, you should know that BPS is now end-of-life.

Dubdub
05-02-2009, 10:05 AM
If you want to pay more, you can go to a hosted BES service such as exchangemymail.

Mail via BIS does not sync. You can get wireless calendar and contact sync using Google, as dc said.

johnnie4889
05-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Have you tried funambol? Google it. I use it to sync up my contacts and calendar between my desktop and blackberry. It works better than anything I have tried in the past; and its FREE! They offer an email push service as well (for free) but it puts an advertisement in the footer of your email. I dont think this is useful considering how great bb email is already! You can download the sync and email separately! Hope this helps!

SteveO86
05-04-2009, 06:35 PM
You can also try ThinkPost.net or BBerrySync, but those cost something at the end of the month.