PDA

View Full Version : newby

bonsumner
11-10-2005, 12:30 AM
hi everyone, i know nothing about blackberry's but my boss has one and he wants to know whether it has the ability to tell him the messages he has sent have been read or not.
Can anyone help me? I'm from New Zealand, we don't know much down these parts!

NetGuyR
11-10-2005, 02:44 AM
He could request a "read receipt". Or, if it is a PIN message, it will show him on the individual message (where the check mark is).

jscully
11-10-2005, 02:57 AM
He would have to send from a desktop for a "read receipt"...there isn't an option on the handheld.
And PIN messages only show if they're "delivered" to the other handheld, not if they're viewed.

Dusty Saddle
11-10-2005, 06:57 AM
hi everyone, i know nothing about blackberry's but my boss has one and he wants to know whether it has the ability to tell him the messages he has sent have been read or not.
Can anyone help me? I'm from New Zealand, we don't know much down these parts!
Have him type <confirm> in the subject line, before the subject. This should get him a reply when the message is received (not necessarily read).

jscully
11-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Except that only confirms delivery and it doesn't confirm if it has been read. And it only works on mail sent to other Blackberries.

bonsumner
11-10-2005, 04:34 PM
how do is send for a 'read receipt' from a desktop? is it through a website? thanks so much for your help guys, I know people like me must be frustrating!