PDA

View Full Version : 7290: SMS groups, ring volume, unread email marking

pierse
11-10-2005, 07:41 AM
We recently took possesion of a number of 7290 handsets and I have a couple of general queries and would appreciate some assistance:

1. I see it is possible to set up an email group, is it also possible to set up an SMS group to text more than 1 person by just entering the group name?

2. I have my ring voume set as 'high' yet this is still quite feeble in comparison to most mobile phones, is it possible to upgrade this or increase the volume further?

3. When I read emails on the handset it marks the same email as 'read' on my desktop email account, I would like to leave the desktop emails as 'unread' so I know which ones to attend to when I return to the office, is there a way of doing this?

Thanks

hannahkat
11-10-2005, 08:03 AM
1. No, unless you go 3rd party - see this thread on group sms (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=8005)

2. No. You can use ringtones that are set louder or have a higher pitch - see this thread on ringtones (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=14994&)

3. In the messages menu is an option 'Mark Unopened'

cheers
Hannah

pierse
11-10-2005, 08:11 AM
thanks for the quick response Hannah, however in regard to the marking emails as unopened, can you change a setting on the handset so that it does not mark any of the emails on the desktop as being read or do I have to mark each email as unopened every time I read one?

mgerbasio
11-10-2005, 09:41 AM
For the email group, you may be able to use a work around by sending an email directly to a phone. For example nextel was <phonenumber>@<hidden> or something like that. If that doesn't work, you can try www.teleflip.com.

There is third party software Notifier or something like that that might help you with the ringtones. It isn't important to me so I wasn't paying attention the day it was discussed ;)

No idea about the email although I'd try looking around in the desktop software, I think it is redirector where you can change some settings regarding email on BES. It might be there, might not.

Do a search on these items, most were already discussed.

Regards-Michael G.