PDA

View Full Version : Wav files will not play using Blackberry Pro Soft & 8830

JML1131
05-05-2009, 06:26 PM
We currently have a couple of models of BB that we use in our office, 8830 and Curve.

We recently installed a new Avaya phone system that give us the ability to receive voice mails in our emails.

We are not able to hear these voicemails in the form of .wav files on any of the Blackberries.

We currently have device software version 4.2 and above and use Blackberry Professional Software (asks like BES) 4.1.4.15.

I have been doing some research on why this might be happening. With the version of softwares that we have the attachement service should be fine. I thought it might be our voice mail system (have a call into the company) but when I forward a non voice mail wav file I can't hear that wav file either.

I have read that AudioPop can help but that the versions of software we already have should support the wav files.

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve?

Thank you
Jennifer

As a side note several years ago we invested in BES. Mid 2007 (I think) I purchased two new licenses for two new blackberries and when I tried to install them in the BES it said that the licenses were not compatible with the version of BES. We are a mid sized non-profit and to avoid the additional cost of buying a new BES I installed Blackberry Processional Software. I has worked fantastic and it is free!!

SteveO86
05-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Hhhmm, Upgrade the Device software to 4.5, I don't think 4.2.2 supported .wav file attachments.. But I could be wrong.

Also make sure the BB Attachment Service is running, Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications, BlackBerry Attachment Service.

daphne
05-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Fwiw, my 8330 won't play .wav files I get as email attachments either, and I just upgraded to 4.5.0.138 hoping that would make it work.

My friend just got a Sprint 8330m from her employer. Hers plays .wav voice mails just fine. She's on BES, so maybe that's the difference. I would really like this to work. Wonder if it's a carrier restriction.

JML1131
05-06-2009, 12:01 PM
I just got done talking with a Sprint user that has a 8830. He said that his wav files play through a media player already installed on the device. We have Verizon but I am check it out now. I will let you know if I can figure it out. Thanks