PDA

View Full Version : My PC Hates Roxio Media Manager Software

wolfgaze
05-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I can't transfer mp3's to my blackberry without the included Roxio Media Manager but every time I install it I cannot reboot my computer without Windows Explorer crashing... It's pretty frustrating....

It took me like 15 tries to install it, once it finally installed, I transferred my music over.... Once I rebooted, My desktop wall paper loaded but no icons because Explorer was 'not responding'... Rebooted in Safe Mode, disabled Roxio in startup (which auto started itself after installation and is extremely annoying). That solved the problem for the time being until I installed the new Blackberry OS listed at the top of this forum.... Rebooted again and the same problem persisted.... I didn't see any new start up items so I uninstalled Roxio Media Manager completely and voila, my icons are back and Windows Explorer isn't crashing....

Do I have any other options in terms of software I can use with the Desktop Manager to access/transfer mp3's to my device???

rurapente
05-06-2009, 03:23 AM
its rubbish. it barely works on my laptop. use Media Player sync or connect the device in "mass storage" mode and transfer your files with windows explorer.