PDA

View Full Version : 7100i service

europamo
11-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Is it normal to send a BB out for service or is this just Sprint/Nextel? Mine came with scratches on the inside part of the lcd. They say I have to send it out for repair which can take 3-5 days. The reason i ask, is I know they used to just swap phones out at the store, but with the merger they seem to not know much anymore.

martin_j001
11-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Its not the merger, Nextel has almost always done that with BB's. They don't keep many in stock at all at most ASC's from what I understand, and I think refurbs are even harder to come by considering RIM prefers to repair them, or send you a new one from them and not directly from Nextel, if I'm not mistaken.

europamo
11-10-2005, 05:14 PM
ahh ok thanks

Its like mass confusion at any Sprint shop in my area, I can never get the same answer twice.

oh and your FAQ on meogee (y)

Dawg
11-10-2005, 05:30 PM
you drop yours off at a service center they mail you a refurb in 24 to 48 hours..

My experience is refurbs have many bugs on fourth refurb in three months

europamo
11-10-2005, 05:32 PM
you drop yours off at a service center they mail you a refurb in 24 to 48 hours..

My experience is refurbs have many bugs on fourth refurb in three months

Im going to get a refurb, even though I just got it yesterday?

Mr Pink57
11-10-2005, 05:44 PM
It comes next day if you order before 2p, I am a rep and I have had this done with my 7100i just this past Tuesday.

pink

Dawg
11-10-2005, 05:46 PM
refurb probally you wont be able to tell difference but I gauarantee they arent new

mcchaz
11-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Is it normal to send a BB out for service or is this just Sprint/Nextel? Mine came with scratches on the inside part of the lcd. They say I have to send it out for repair which can take 3-5 days. The reason i ask, is I know they used to just swap phones out at the store, but with the merger they seem to not know much anymore.

I also had scratches on the inside of my lcd (thought i was the only one) and the sprint/nextel store that I bought it from exchanged it with no problems.

europamo
11-10-2005, 07:32 PM
none of the stores in this area have any in stock. thats why i opted for the web sale. besides the scratches, the nextel sticker on the back was put on crooked, maybe they assemble them drunk?

mcchaz
11-10-2005, 07:58 PM
none of the stores in this area have any in stock. thats why i opted for the web sale. besides the scratches, the nextel sticker on the back was put on crooked, maybe they assemble them drunk?

yeah... I know what you mean... I had a 7520, and while I LOVE my 7100i, it doesn't seem as "well-made" as the 7520.

martin_j001
11-11-2005, 03:09 PM

If you're within the first 15 days of purchase, I'd think you would get a new one back--that would be something I'd make sure of when dealing with Nextel if it were me....

Glad you like the FAQ!

teamcrn
11-11-2005, 05:09 PM
well i dropped my 7520 of a truck and it broke..i went to the store they ordered me another one and it was at the store in 24 hrs. nextel doesnt deal with the bb's rim does

ptzchris
11-11-2005, 05:29 PM
my first bb7520 and i ended up on the fifth refurb frezeing after one after the other........i dont trust refubs i would sya try and get one replaced at the store if it came like that

and if you opt for a sending it into rim if you get to the store before 2 and its put into the system you will get it next day usually by 3pm

europamo
11-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Well, I was told they are sending me out anew one, but I have to pay to ship the other BB back. :x