PDA

View Full Version : I will paypal someone $20 to get this BES off my 7290

NAPO
11-10-2005, 05:55 PM
i need to get this off my phone.

the two most annoying things:
i cannot send SMS text messages
i have to type my password in a million times a day.

other annoying things:
cannot use the email feature
i feel like i dont have control of this phone.

i will paypal someone $20 dollars to run me through this, either through email or aim. i need to get the BES Server off my phone. i tried to get ppl to send me the policy.bin or itpolicy.exe file..and nothing.

i need some help. thanks in advance. later.

finch
11-10-2005, 06:17 PM
If its a company issued BB on BES then your SOL unless your in tight with the IT dept. trying to alter such policy's could land you in more trouble. Buy yorself your own BB and do as you may with it but you may Need to forego the BES connection and settle for the redirector and BIS...

NAPO
11-10-2005, 06:23 PM
so its not through a company.

finch
11-10-2005, 06:33 PM
You might have to track down the original owner or company it was connected to possibly have the palicy's. Another reason to do your homework when purchasing a BB for eBay...
so its not through a company.

aldebaran
11-11-2005, 09:42 AM
My suggestion: wipe it out, reload OS without restoring settings, download service books from your provider and it should work.
That happened to me with an unit bought on ebay that works fine now.

Angie_is_dying
11-11-2005, 10:40 AM
I would recommend going to "options" then "service book" and deleting your service books. Once you've done that log onto the BIS and tell it to rebroadcast your service books.

This should remove the security policy applied by the enterprise server. The problem you're going to have long term is every time the security policy is rebroadcasted by the BES your device is going to accept them and you'll have to go through the same issue. Should be a temporary fix though.

NJBlackBerry
11-11-2005, 10:51 AM
mftp