PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Shield vs. Bodyguardz

quinn28
05-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi everyone-

I just purchased a Sprint 8330 Curve and wanted to find something to protect it without having a bulky case.

I have seen a lot on the web about both invisible shield and Bodyguardz as an alternative to a case. I am not crazy about the idea of putting some type of soapy mixture on the Blackberry to apply these but from what I can see from various reviews, this doesn't seem to be an issue. Of course putting these on an iPhone seems to be less complex than with a blackberry curve due tot he design.

My question(s) are the following:

1) Do the Blackberry users on here have any experience with these 2 products? If so, is there a general recommendation of one over the other?

2) It looks like the product can cover the entire phone (front, back, and sides) or just the front screen based on what you choose. Has anyone experienced issues with using this to cover the entire phone (front, back, sides, etc.)? For example, I was worried that it may make removing the back more difficult if you needed to get to the battery or the SIM card.

Thanks very much for the input. As a new Blackberry user it is much appreciated!

wu-wei
05-07-2009, 08:14 AM
I have an invisible shield on my 8820. Installation was a challenge, but not impossible.

I've been very happy with the protection, as well as the additional tackiness/texture of the shield. Makes it less likely I'll drop it.

There's no issue with removing the battery door - you get 2 separate pieces for the large sections on the back (at least with the 88xx series). The side rail segments are a royal pain, though. The ends of mine have started to peel. Can't fault the design too much, though, as it's trying to stick to curved sections with very small pieces of film. I thought $25 was kinda steep for the IS. I've heard bodyguardz are just as good, but cheaper.