PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Bold vs Gmail IMAP problem (not 2 way sync)

Funkfish
05-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I have a strange problem I have my desktop configured using Gmail with IMAP. I have my Blackberry Bold on AT&T configured via BIS.

On my desktop if I type an email, while I'm typing it, I get multiple partial emails on my BB as new messages while I'm typing.

So if my email is:

"the quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown dogs"

I'll get 4 or 5 emails on my BB that look like.

Email 1:

"the quick re"

Email 2:

"the quick red fox jum"

Email 3:

"the quick red fox jumped over th"

Email 4:

"the quick red fox jumped over the lazy brow"

and so on and so forth, I think you get the idea.

I am not sure why this is happening as these partial emails only show up on my BB, not on my Desktop and not on my iPhone when I used to have that.

Anyone have ideas what is causing this problem and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

jjmach
05-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I have an idea as what is causing it, that partial e-mail is saved as a draft, but as gmail does not have different folder for drafts, it gets to the inbox and that e-mail is picked by the BIS server as a new e-mail and gets push to your blackberry. To stop it you may want to create a filter so you don't get e-mails you sent as new e-mails, you can look at the forum for those instructions
Regards

dc/dc
05-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Please delete and re-add the account in BIS. BIS 2.6 fixes this issue.

Funkfish
05-07-2009, 03:16 PM
I deleted and re added the accounts but I'm still having the issue. This happens for all 3 of my gmail accounts. I also notice that it happens when it gets saved as a draft so I think it might have something to do with the IMAP draft box. any suggestions?

dc/dc
05-07-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't know. My Gmail with IMAP on my Bold works just fine.

Funkfish
05-07-2009, 03:22 PM
I think I fixed it. I went into the accounts section of my desktop mail client and DELSELECTED "Store drafts on server" so far so good

dc/dc
05-07-2009, 08:23 PM
I think I fixed it. I went into the accounts section of my desktop mail client and DELSELECTED "Store drafts on server" so far so good

That will definitely do it!