PDA

View Full Version : Transfer to SIM

tommurray
05-08-2009, 07:03 AM
I don't have wireless internet access with my provider. How can I transfer any new contacts I've added to my SIM card?

revolutiongto
05-08-2009, 07:56 AM
To transfer contacts from your blackberry to your SIM card....

1. Go to you contact list.
2. Find the contact you want to add to your SIM.
3. View that contact and make sure your cursor is on top of the phone number you want to copy.
4. Press the blackberry button to open the menu, then choose 'Copy to SIM Phone book'

Repeat above for each contact and number you want to copy to your SIM card. I'm not aware of a way to do this for multiple contacts at a time, so you have to do it one at a time.

Note that this only copies over the one phone number per contact at a time. No way to copy email addresses or addresses or birthdates or anything to the sim.

takeshi
05-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Why are you copying them to the SIM card?

E-Phone
05-29-2009, 02:06 PM
One reason for transfering the contacts to the SIM card is that you will use (insert) your SIM card in a non BlackBerry phone, or in any phone which does not have access to the contacts through BES. In such cases, you want to have those contacts.

rambo47
05-31-2009, 06:23 PM
I've never used this because of the limitations on what info is stored with each contact. You get one email address and one phone number per contact. That's simply not useful for me.

TXLady
05-31-2009, 07:03 PM
One reason for transfering the contacts to the SIM card is that you will use (insert) your SIM card in a non BlackBerry phone, or in any phone which does not have access to the contacts through BES. In such cases, you want to have those contacts.

Sync your blackberry with Outlook. Say no to using any phone which does not have the ability to also sync with Outlook. Then you can have your contacts on any phone you use.