PDA

View Full Version : I can't hear a thing... HELP?

RedlineGo
05-10-2009, 09:52 AM
So I am new and I recognize this could completely be user error but I can't hear anything when a call comes in or goes out. I cant hear a thing. Any ideas? It just started happening this morning. I want to point out the correlation between this event and Mother's Day but I don't think the Mrs. would stoop to that level even though I know she's jealous!

Please advise...

dc/dc
05-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Have you pulled the battery?

JSanders
05-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Powered on, remove the battery a few seconds and replace it to reboot... any luck?

JSanders
05-10-2009, 09:54 AM
And, I assume you mean WHILE on a call, you can't hear from the device speaker. Try pressing Menu > Speakerphone and see if you can hear, etc.

RedlineGo
05-10-2009, 09:59 AM
You guys are super fast! I appreciate that a lot. Thank you. I will try the battery right now. I am powering down as I type. I tried switching to speakerphone and back but it made no difference. The person on the other side could hear me but I still couldnt hear a thing.

RedlineGo
05-10-2009, 10:05 AM
UPDATE
---------------------------------------

I pulled the battery out after a power off and it worked. Thank you all for your input. I am kinda new to BB so is pulling the battery out after a power off a good place to start when something just isn't working right?

dc/dc
05-10-2009, 10:27 AM
UPDATE
---------------------------------------

I pulled the battery out after a power off and it worked. Thank you all for your input. I am kinda new to BB so is pulling the battery out after a power off a good place to start when something just isn't working right?

Excellent!

Yes, a battery pull is the first thing you should try if you are having issues. It is important to pull the battery whilst the device is powered on though.

RedlineGo
05-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Really?!?!? Good to know. Thanks!

dc/dc
05-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Really?!?!? Good to know. Thanks!

No problem! Happy to help!