PDA

View Full Version : annoying loop of hourglass screen and red light...?

sushikaitlyn
05-10-2009, 01:03 PM
ever since i dropped my blackberry curve for the first time my phone would sometimes crash once in a while and id have to do a battery pull. ever since then i had dropped my phone another few times and the crashing got worse, it would crash 1-10 times a day and sometimes only one battery pull wouldnt suffice. last night i had one drink too many and i flung my phone across the table.. now the hourglass screen keeps showin for about a minute, then it crashes, and does it all over again.. ive done many battery pulls and it wont work. usually takin out the battery for a longer time would work but it was out all night and when i put it back in in the morn it still didnt work. do you think my phone is broken now or is there somethin else i could try? and will my carrier still give me a swap unit even though its my fault it aint workin.. no physical damage except for a small crack on the top screen in the corner.

SteveO86
05-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Maybe, if you have any insurance on the phone?

Make sure the battery is in their nice and snug it might have gotten knocked loose.

sushikaitlyn
05-10-2009, 01:09 PM
nope. its in there as tightly as it goes. i dont think any more battery pulls will make it work. i think theres warranty on it still yea.

Oditius
05-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Get a new phone if you have insurance. Now remember, insurance and warranty are two different monsters. Warranty covers factory defects, and it isn't a factory defect when you drop it on the floor. :oops: But insurance covers that, mine does, but it cost me $4.99 a month and $50 co-pay once a claim is made. :?

jsconyers
05-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the forums.

You need to take better care of the device. Dropping it that many times will cause issues. You may want to try to reload the OS on the device. It may or may not work. Sounds like it could be a hardware issue with all the damage the device took from you dropping it. However, it won't hurt to try. There is a sticky thread at the top of the 8300 section with the OS and the instructions to upgrade.

sushikaitlyn
05-10-2009, 01:58 PM
yah but one problem. i dont have the usb for it. so i cant even try the OS thing.

and its all good they dont have to know i dropped it so many times ;) il just tell em it keeps crashing ... idk

ndub33
05-10-2009, 02:10 PM
To summarize:

1. File an insurance claim, if you have insurance coverage.

2. If you don't have insurance, you are likely looking at paying for a replacement though the usual retail souces (Carrier's upgrade program, E-Bay, etc).

3. Probably wouldn't hurt to spend a couple of bucks on a USB cable-they do come in handy at times...I'm guessing that you could get one for under $15.00