PDA

View Full Version : Hi, New Here with a question about Word and a Blackberry Address Book

PSUry
11-11-2005, 11:31 AM
I have a user with a 7520, and he has a very long list of contacts in a Word document.

We're running on a BES server with Exchange.

I was wondering if there is a way to get the data from that Word Document into the 7520's Address Book?

Thanks very much, sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I searched but was unable to find anything.

Ry

finch
11-11-2005, 11:43 AM
You may need to find a way to get it into Excel as a .csv and then import into Outlook by mapping the appropriate fields? Don't think Word will do it?

PSUry
11-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I tried it as a tab-separated from work to Outlook, but that didn't fly, i'll try a .csv

Thanks very much
ry

PSUry
11-11-2005, 11:57 AM
No luck, got the following message when I tried a .csv from Excel using the default settings.

"A file error has occurred in the Comma Separated Values (Windows) while initiating a translator to build a field map.

Outlook was unable to retrieve the data from the file "C:\filename.csv". Verify that you have the correct file, that you have permission to open it, and that it is not open in another program."

I have the right file, there aren't any permissions set for it, and it's closed from all other programs.

:-/