PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded O/S Enterprise Activation won't work

ericmcgovern
11-11-2005, 02:06 PM
For some odd reason, my 7100g could not send or recieve SMS messages. I noticed there was an update for my O/S so I went ahead and did it. I figured maybe that would fix it. Everything seemed to work fine, backed up, installed and restored. All of my data was still on the phone, etc. However it wanted me to run Enterprise Activation again. I put in my email address, my password given to me, and it just tells me "An error occurred. Please contact your System Administrator". I can put anything in the password field and it gives me that error. My IT guy took a quick look at it and wasn't sure why it was doing that. Any ideas?

Oh and by the way, the upgrade did not fix my SMS issue.

Wideruled
11-11-2005, 02:18 PM
The passwords for enterprise activation are only good for 72 hours. Have the BES admin assign you a new password and all will be well.

As for the SMS issue, Check the sms settings under the options menu and see if it set to GSM or GPRS for network to send over. Most carriers require GSM to be used. If not contact your provider as it seems that they are disallowed on their end.

ericmcgovern
11-11-2005, 03:50 PM
That's exactly what it was, thanks! I will give Cingular a call to find out why SMS isn't working.

Now I have another question, for some reason now that I am all activated again, I have lost all of my previous emails that were on the device. I can't remember when I first activated if I could see emails before I turned on my blackberry. Is there a way to get older emails to be delivered to the devices? Or only new ones?

John Clark
11-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Now I have another question, for some reason now that I am all activated again, I have lost all of my previous emails that were on the device. I can't remember when I first activated if I could see emails before I turned on my blackberry. Is there a way to get older emails to be delivered to the devices? Or only new ones?

Try syncing your email once through the desktop manager. That should do it.