PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the answer to these simple questions?

BerryHappy
05-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I just moved up from a 8700c to a Curve 8900 on T-Mobile. While I love the device, there are a couple of simple things that drive me nuts.

I don't have a 'turn wireless off' button on my menus, either in the main menu, the folders (applications, downloads, settings, etc.). Yes, I have turned on "show hidden". Where can I find this? I don't like getting calls in the middle of the night and/or :-) when I am engaged in important activities.

I have a 'turn power off' button that shuts down the whole device. How does one turn it back on? I am removing and re-inserting the battery right now but I am sure there is a simpler way.

Thanks

rugmankc
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
The power on/off button is on the top left of phone, that info should be in your owners guide.

Turn off WiFi: Go to your WiFi icon on home screen and open it. You will see 3 small boxes under Turn All Connections Off. UnCheck the WiFi box.

Ken

TheBigNewt
05-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Manage Connections is the icon to shut off the radios ( aka airplane mode). Turn the phone completely off: hold red end call button X 3 seconds. Turn on: press same button briefly.

rugmankc
05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Manage Connections is the icon to shut off the radios ( aka airplane mode). Turn the phone completely off: hold red end call button X 3 seconds. Turn on: press same button briefly.

Your right, I misread wireless as wifi. And, now that I looked close, there is no icon to turn it off like on my 8700g.

Ken

BCollins521
05-14-2009, 09:18 PM
The power on/off button is on the top left of phone, that info should be in your owners guide.
Ken

Power is on the End button not at the top of the phone

Gardner
05-15-2009, 12:42 AM
I was going to say what BCollins said.
cause i got stuck with tis yesterday.

You can use your hangup button to turn off and on.

Or to turn it off you can select it in your menu.