PDA

View Full Version : Um, I think I broke it..

veu
05-11-2009, 11:22 PM
So I have had this BB curve 8310 for a while now, never updated/backed up anything not thinking that anything would happen to it. So, to my surprise it started to delete my text messages/call logs/ emails.. So I did a google search and came up with this link...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-optimize-your-bb-how-setup-max-free-memory.html

So, I attempt to do it, I load the desktop manager on my computer, and then I hit the backup/restore and it starts to backup and then i get a fatal error has occurred. I click okay, and now I get a JVM 513 error. That's when I found this..

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/117305-plz-help-jum-error-513-reset.html

But, it asks me for a password when I attempt to do this... But I don't recall my blackberry ever having a password to it/on it. HELP!?¿ please? I don't have a phone at all right now! My home phone is my cell phone.. :?

Everything I do it asks for my non existent password... What do I do? Is it time for a new phone? Don't really have the money, but I guess I could charge it :cry:

daphne
05-12-2009, 12:37 AM
If you enter the password incorrectly 10 times, it will wipe the device. Then you can reinstall the OS, but you will lose all your data. That's why backups are important.

hotburnttoast
05-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Wirelessly posted

I hate to burst your bubble but a simple battery pull may have solved your orginal issues. When the phone memory runs low it delete messages and call logs. A battery pull is a hard reset on these devices and will free up some memory.

hotburnttoast
05-12-2009, 02:42 AM
Wirelessly posted

Update your device to the latest software OS as well, it will keep your Blackberry happy. Oh and do Backups at least once a week

veu
05-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Wirelessly posted

I hate to burst your bubble but a simple battery pull may have solved your orginal issues. When the phone memory runs low it delete messages and call logs. A battery pull is a hard reset on these devices and will free up some memory.

Did that, got to the point where I had to do that sometimes up to 5 times a day... It would delete emails and text messages while I was reading them, when I haven't looked at them, or old ones that I even had saved. I could be at work, and my wife would message me to pick up something that she needed from the store, or to call about a doctors appointment, and I would hear the chime, but click on the messages icon, but never receive it due to the problem I was having. So no, the battery solution didn't work..

Also, how do I know that i've done 10 attempts? I kinda lost track

djm2
05-12-2009, 08:32 AM
When you see the characters you are entering you'll be getting close.

jsconyers
05-12-2009, 08:37 AM
When you get to the final attempt, it will prompt you stating it's your last attempt and all data will be lost.

veu
05-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks guys, it's all better now.. now I just need to remember how to change my tone for when I receive a text message to what I had before..

jsconyers
05-13-2009, 10:51 PM
How do I edit my notification tones (profiles)? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_edit_my_notification_tones_%28profiles%29%3F)