PDA

View Full Version : lost the sms and mms icon on my 8350i

vmdutch
05-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I was messing with the options trying to delete all the old mms messages and I somehow deleted the sms/mms icon on my phone. Can anyone help me to get it back. I also noticed that I can only send an mms message, si there a way to send sms messages only. Thanks

ndub33
05-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the forums!

From your home screen, press the menu key, then select "Show All".

jsconyers
05-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Messages > Options > General Options > SMS & Email = separate.

vmdutch
05-12-2009, 07:49 PM
sorry but neither of those suggestions worked. from the home screen when I push the menu button I see move, move to folder, hide, call voice mail, add folder, and switch application

Naked Wife
05-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Wirelessly posted (NakedBerry)

With a Nextel Blackberry, you can't send an"SMS". It uses Enhanced Text messaging which basically means it's "text only" through MMS.

Can you still send and receive, but you're just missing the icon? If so you probably just hid the icons. Hitting Menu from the home screen should show the option to "show all".

If you lost the ability to send and receive, I would log in to the BIS where you set up your email and resend the service books. Good luck.

southwestcomm
05-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Press the BB Menu key and select Show All. Perhaps you hid the folder?

Ohoud
06-06-2009, 03:05 AM
I have the same problem...the icon is missing and I am not able to receive any sms or even notified that there is an sms received :(..
please help me to solve this problem.

rambo47
06-08-2009, 06:29 AM
First pull the battery. If that doesn't cure your ills, you may need to resend your service books. Failing that, you will have to do a backup and OS re-install.

southwestcomm
06-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Have you upgraded your OS to the most recent?

After the battery pull call Sprint and have them reset your data services as well.

cputoys
06-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Messages > Options > General Options > SMS & Email = separate.

...this. If nothing is hidden, you don't see show all. To get to your messages, goto the message icon first. Then click the trackball. Now you are in the messages folder. Now you can click the bb (menu) button and follow jsconyers instructions above. Hope this helps.

(there is a learning curve to the device... take your time, have fun with it)

:smile: