PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry 7100G doesn't turn off in holster!

shur
11-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Hello!

I have a BlackBerry 7100G with Cingular Wireless service, which I got just three months back. Whenever I put it into my holster, its display used to automatically turn off and when I took it out of my holster the display used to automatically turn on. But, since the last week that is not happening. When I put it into the holster, still the phone is on! I did not alter any setting on the phone.

Any suggestions or advise? Has the holster gone bad? Or has my BlackBerry 7100G gone bad? I will appreciate your help.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shur

nyc_medic
11-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Hey, I think that inside the 7100 is a magnetic strip that when it senses the small magnet inside the holster it knows to shut off the display. If maybe you some how streched the case too much maybe it's not making contact with each other. Have you changed the holster to something else? Just a thought. Hope that helps.

KonTiki
11-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Are you putting it in backwards, there is a magnet only on one side if you face the unit the wrong way it wont work.

martin_j001
11-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

I had the same problem with my 7100i from the day I got it. I actually had to move the magnets around (in this case there are two magnets, not one), and eventually had to flip one of the magnets over to get it working.