PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Manager Deletes Programs

Mess
11-12-2005, 05:59 PM
I went to upgrade the software on my 7100g to 4.0.2, but I'm having a problem. It wants to delete my themes as well as my Magmic Games I paid for. I clicked on advanced options, but they will only wipe out my programs. How do I get around this to upgrade my berry?

Dusty Saddle
11-13-2005, 07:10 AM
I went to upgrade the software on my 7100g to 4.0.2, but I'm having a problem. It wants to delete my themes as well as my Magmic Games I paid for. I clicked on advanced options, but they will only wipe out my programs. How do I get around this to upgrade my berry?
Did you download your themes and games over the air or with the application loader? If with the app loader, do you still have the downloaded software on your desktop? If you do, you should be able to reload everything. If the software is not on your desktop, try making a backup of the programs before upgrading, then do a restore.

Dawg
11-13-2005, 08:06 AM
if you do it with the apploader you cant delete the programs after you get finished they have to stay in the directory from which you installed them or they will get deleted everytime

Mess
11-13-2005, 02:00 PM
I downloaded them OTA. I'll make a backup and restore them afterwards. Thanks for your help.

Miata GT
11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
OK. I changed to another laptop and did a fresh install of the desktop...no problems with missing software, it just didn't see it.

That's better for me.

Now surely some techy type has figured a reg hack, .ini file, some something that can be deleted or edited to allow installation of software wothout the old programs being resident.

Sorry, but again I think this is a stupid feature.