PDA

View Full Version : Firewall locked after being disabled

WGG
05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
My N95 bit the dust the other day so decided to use my old 8700 that I got from work. It has been unlocked and works fine as a phone using my Tmobile sim with unlimited data package.

Last night after reading various threads on how to unlock the firewall, ran JL_Cmder and wiped the BB then did a reset to factory. After reloading the OS, checked the firewall and the red padlock was gone - result!

Have been trying various push email apps such as tiggit and shangmail as I don't have a BIS and they were working well bring in mail from my Gmail account.

Just got a mesage saying that prog is trying to access inside and outside firewall which is not allowed by the IT policy. This confused me as thee is not one and the firewall had been disabled. Went back into settings and looked at the firewall to find the red padlock back:x

What has happened? Have I missed something?

aiharkness
05-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

Are you sure there's no IT policy? Did you go options > security options > general settings, and look down near the bottom of the screen, under services? What do you have there?

If you overwrote the IT policy with a blank policy, and you find that it's back, then sounds like the blackberry is still on the BES. Otherwise, I don't know the answer.

WGG
05-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

Are you sure there's no IT policy? Did you go options > security options > general settings, and look down near the bottom of the screen, under services? What do you have there?

If you overwrote the IT policy with a blank policy, and you find that it's back, then sounds like the blackberry is still on the BES. Otherwise, I don't know the answer.

It says ***no services***

Still confused:?

aiharkness
05-16-2009, 04:21 AM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

There's no IT policy.

If the firewalls is locked in an enabled status, I don't have a clue why. It's over my head.

WGG
05-18-2009, 05:23 AM
Anybody:-(

WGG
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Hopefully now sorted, although I had to go through the whole process of resetting the device to factory default using jl_cmdr.

Did notice a vendor.xml dated 2004 in the apps loader so deleted that before reinstalling everything. Could have sworn that I had already deleted that file!

aiharkness
05-18-2009, 04:52 PM
So, now you are able to disable the firewall?

Interesting.

WGG
05-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Firewall is now disabled.

Obviously all linked to the vendor file that I missed:?