PDA

View Full Version : Media Playlist IN CAR

J
05-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Cannot seem to find any leading info on this in either this forum or the media/bluetooth forum.

I have a bold and my car has a cable built in the glovebox for an IPOD, will obviously not fit the blackberry but i cannot get an answer out of any local bestbuy employees about there being a connector cable or the likes.

Maybe it's just not possible but figured, who better to ask!

Thanks

J

Blacklac
05-16-2009, 01:20 PM
What kind of stereo is it?

Any chance you could get a picture of the cable you use for the iPod, both connection ends? I'm curious what type of connection is used on the cable/stereo end.

J
05-16-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't have an ipod, just the bold......and cannot play any of my music yet through my car. Here is an image of the cord that comes factory installed. As for the stereo, whatever mercedes uses as a standard styereo, its not a bose or harmon upgraded system.

J
05-16-2009, 01:46 PM
sorry couldnt attach image from my bold......here

MidnightDraven
05-16-2009, 02:41 PM
you would need an ipod to stereo 3.5 connector which i doubt exists.

Blacklac
05-16-2009, 03:41 PM
I assume you cannot get to the other end of that chord? Possible the other end (the stereo itself) may be a connector compatible with the phone, perhaps with some adapter easily found. I'm curious that connector is coming out of the stereo. Maybe you'll get lucky and it's just an Aux/3.5mm into the stereo.