PDA

View Full Version : 7105t newbie questions

bleen18
11-12-2005, 11:51 PM
A couple of questions:

a) I feel dumb asking this, but I can't figure it out. How do I move the cursor when writting an email? On a standard keyboard, I'd use the arrow keys to move the cursor back 4 words and then insert the word I forgot. The scroll wheel only moves the the cursor up or down a line, not left or right.

b) on my old phone I could set a timer when selecting a profile. That way I wouldn't have to remember to set my profile back to default when the movie was over, just set a timer for 2 hours when I change the profile to silent. Can this be done? Or can I download something to accomplich this?

c) I set up my BB to check my personal email and it works great ... too great. In addition to grabbing whats in my inbox, the BB also grabs what is automatically (on the server) marked as junk and sent to my junk mail folder. Any way to get my BB to only grab the contents of my inbox?

d) when checking messages, is there a way to select several messages at once and delete them? In outlook for example, I would hold down the ctrl key and click on 4 messages, then when I hit the delete key, they'd all go away? Any thoughts?

--
Alex

NJBlackBerry
11-13-2005, 08:04 AM
Hi and welcome to BB Forums.

I think that all of your questions have been answered in the sticky threads (and there are a lot of sticky threads) but I will take a quick shot anyway. Can I also suggest you look at the very good online help system in the 7105 itself.

a) I feel dumb asking this, but I can't figure it out. How do I move the cursor when writting an email? On a standard keyboard, I'd use the arrow keys to move the cursor back 4 words and then insert the word I forgot. The scroll wheel only moves the the cursor up or down a line, not left or right.
Hold down the ALT key (lower left hand corner) when moving the trackwheel. It will move left and right.

b) on my old phone I could set a timer when selecting a profile. That way I wouldn't have to remember to set my profile back to default when the movie was over, just set a timer for 2 hours when I change the profile to silent. Can this be done? Or can I download something to accomplich this?
Timed profiles are not available. Maybe in the future, but not now. This question has been asked a lot..

c) I set up my BB to check my personal email and it works great ... too great. In addition to grabbing whats in my inbox, the BB also grabs what is automatically (on the server) marked as junk and sent to my junk mail folder. Any way to get my BB to only grab the contents of my inbox?
Unfortunately, the BlackBerry grabs everything that goes through the Inbox (and gets redirected). Search the forums and I think people have some solutions. I move items into a sub folder under the Inbox folder and they do not get redirected.

d) when checking messages, is there a way to select several messages at once and delete them? In outlook for example, I would hold down the ctrl key and click on 4 messages, then when I hit the delete key, they'd all go away? Any thoughts?
The ALT key (lower left hand corner) is your friend. You can select multiple messages that are adjacent, and then delete them.

Again, welcome to BB Forums. Please check out the Sticky threads and use the search button to find out answers.

Thanks.

John Clark
11-14-2005, 02:23 AM
The ALT key (lower left hand corner) is your friend. You can select multiple messages that are adjacent, and then delete them.

uh...don't you mean the "shift" (lower right hand corner) key?