PDA

View Full Version : So I ordered a 7100t...

jollyrogerpirate
11-13-2005, 12:43 AM
I just ordered an unlocked 7100t.

I currently have a voice plan with Cingular.

Now I've been reading about setting up data & wap under Cingular but I'm a bit confused.

When I get the BB, I'll be calling up Cingular to order the Blackberry Unlimited Plan. I'll stick my SIM in, fire the device up and configure the internet settings.

That's all I need to do to use email, the messenger, and the web browser, right?

penguin3107
11-13-2005, 07:38 AM
That's all I need to do to use email, the messenger, and the web browser, right?

If you're lucky.

Hopefully you have some sort of return policy when you find out your 7100t isn't really unlocked.
And be prepared to call RIM, Cingular, T-Mobile, McDonalds, Honda, eBay, and Apple when you find out that the previous owner never "de-registered" the device from their previous BIS account and you start getting other people's e-mail on your handheld.

Hmmm... now I see why some people call me a pessimist.

mftp

andrebsd
11-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah I hope you got it from a (respectful) company, if you did... you should be fine. I got my 7100t as a refurb and unlocked from a company and it works fine on tmobile and cingular.

If you got it used off ebay or so; be prepared to go trough hell and back. As you'll be getting some (or all) the issues that the previous poster said.