PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger on 7100T

fudgey65
11-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Hi all,

Did an exchange for my Blackberry via t-mobile due to audio issue, my new blackberry came with MSN messenger installed.

Have not seen the instructions listed on here to get this free so here they are.

This is how you can get it on your phone if it did not have it when it was shipped, seems a lot of stuff to do but really just a few steps:-

1. Go to settings icon, under settings, select the settings icon
2. Go to Service Book, highlight "T-Mobile USA IM Client Application" and delete it
3. Under settings go to the "applications" and delete it

The phone will reboot itself, dont worry this is normal.

After the phone has rebooted go back to Settings from the main screen and under settings click "host Routing Table"

You will see one of the "T-Mobile USA" is highlighted darker black, highlight this, click your wheel to register.

What this will do is send a new service book, after it has registered you can go back to the main screen. Leave the phone alone for a few minutes, you will see the egg timer, this is because it is now dowloading the IM applications.

When it has finished you will see the MSN Messenger Icon. You will accept the terms and conditions and follow the instructions.

I hope this is of use to someone, I know I have not stopped using it since I got it on my blackberry.

fudgey65....

Soapm
11-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Does this MSN use txt (SMS) or data to send messages?

treaders
11-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Hello,

I have a 7105T from T-Mobile and I have not been able to log into MSN Messenger using the IM Application that was installed on my BlackBerry 7105T when I received it. I have an existing MSN Messenger account.

When I click MSN Messenger the program attempts to load but only gets to 20% done before saying "Communication error. Please try again or check your settings".

The 2 green men spin around on the screen but nothing else happens.

However, whilst the 2 green men are spinning around, I do receive a text/SMS message from "4705" that contains what appears to be programming language. The exact contents of the text message are:

WV11RL381ST=(200,"Successful") SI=KFZ2ETPYka=50001

Later on, I receive a similar text/SMS message telling me that I have signed out.

Any ideas on how I go from 20% loading to actually accessing MSN Messenger from my Mobile device? Anybody else experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

samsara
11-13-2005, 10:07 PM
I have a 7105t, and I just signed on without any problems.

Always nice to know it isn't a widespread problem. :smile:

Best of luck!

ptzchris
11-13-2005, 11:27 PM
i have that problem also trying to sign into the yahoo and msn messenger already installed im apps.....now it all started for me when i installed the rambler im and changed the apn settings.....now to me its point less i just bought verichat and that works fine so ehhh...but yeah you arent the only one

fudgey65
11-14-2005, 01:00 PM
As far as I am waware it runds via data, to date I have not seen any text on my account but please press #674# to check your text mesages.

I had the same problems at first so I deleted the service book, followed the intructions (see my first post) that I got from T-Mobile tier 3 support and now it works great.

If you have problems call through to t-mobile (not on your cell phone) and ask them to put you through to WDG support, this is there PDA/Blackberry support team.

fudgey65

ad65
11-14-2005, 01:29 PM
I had the same 20% problem. Go into the sms option and make sure "GSM" is the network to send over.

treaders
11-14-2005, 05:13 PM
I checked the SMS option and I am using GSM as the network to send over. Thank you for the suggestion though. If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Gambit
11-14-2005, 05:23 PM
I had the same 20% problem. Go into the sms option and make sure "GSM" is the network to send over.

That was also going to be my suggestion....let me look a little closer.

treaders
11-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Just tried signing in again whilst logged into MSN Messenger on my computer. On the computer screen a notification window popped up saying that "You have signed in to Messenger on another computer. Click here to sign in again.". So my phone must be signing in but it is not showing up on my phone's screen (the 2 green are still spinning around at 20% done). Thanks.

treaders
11-14-2005, 09:53 PM
And once the 20% sign in process fails, the phone screen says, "Communication error. Please try again or check your settings."

disp350
11-16-2005, 10:36 PM
:bb: Hey Fudgey65 - have you installed any of the other themes for the 7100? I was wondering if this may somehow be related, becuase I am experiencng the same IM problems. I followed your instructions and IM downloaded and reinstalled iteslf, but I still cant IM.

ddenson
11-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I had the same problem yesterday signing in to yahoo messenger - 20% then communications error. I uninstalled the application and the service book twice and still had the error. Then I signed into MSN messenger (I have an account with them, but mostly use yahoo) to see if it was just a yahoo problem. The MSN messenger sign-in worked and once I logged off, I was then able to use yahoo messenger successfully. So, maybe this is a t-mobile/Oz issue that signing in on the other service somehow fixed? I'm not sure, but try it and see...

Kathy Sabine
11-17-2005, 08:57 PM
I successfully loaded MSN messenger thanks to fudgey's excellent directions.

When I IM from my phone to the computer it works perfectly.

However, when I IM from my computer to the phone, there is a huge delay. And most of the time when I send a IM, it will actually send the previous IM that had not gone out yet instead of the one I just typed. Make sense?

HELP!!!

BobMarley
11-17-2005, 11:14 PM
same problem here, I tried logging into Yahoo, and it worked, logged out, then tried MSN, it took a while, but it finally worked. Thanks Fudgey and thanks DDenson!

MooseBerry
11-18-2005, 03:03 AM
Thanks fudgey65 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/member.php?u=25441), it works. Now, why doesn't T-Mobile have this info on the site?

disp350
11-19-2005, 12:08 AM
8-) Add another one to the list. It worked on my 7105t as well.

treaders
11-19-2005, 10:56 AM
fudgey65,

I just followed your steps and encountered the same "20%" and "communication error" messages that I described above. A question, when you say "3. Under settings go to the "applications" and delete it" I assume you mean delete the IM application only?

All I deleted was "T-Mobile USA IM Client Application" from the Service Book and the the IM application from "Applications".

All the steps appeared to have worked, e.g. I found the bolded "T-Mobile USA" in the host routing table and registered, I saw the egg timer etc.. except that when I then re-started MSN Messenger it did not ask me to accept any terms and conditions like it did the very first time I attempted to use MSN Messenger (like you mentioned).

Any other suggestions?

Really appreciate your help.

Regards,
treaders

lightningbug
11-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks fudgey65, I followed your directions and it worked perfectly.

After the install, I notice under applications that "Instant Messaging" is now version 4.1.7 when all the other RIM apps are version 4.0.2! Does that mean that we have a sneak preview of one of the 4.1 modules?

If that's so, then are there other individual modules of 4.1 that can be installed in a like manner???

And lastly, since some 71xx series devices have 4.1 and others 4.0, is there a compiled list anywhere of the differences between them? A list of what's changed?

Thanks!!!

muskiemania
11-22-2005, 02:55 PM
im using the O2 theme and it seems like the IM buttons have disappeared...any ideas? I already loaded the new service book...

tobiasj
11-23-2005, 07:36 AM
I followed these instructions and when it was done spinning the hourglass all I got was the original IM application back. :( I was looking forward to the MSN app.

-John

Josex
11-23-2005, 08:32 PM
I followed these instructions and when it was done spinning the hourglass all I got was the original IM application back. :( I was looking forward to the MSN app.

-John
Same here :S

EDIT-Nevermind, tried again and it worked.

Also, is it possible to get new versions of other applications this way? and which ones?

tobiasj
12-06-2005, 08:09 AM
I just tried it again myself and still got the original IM app back. Well, ok not the original, its version 4.1.7 but it looks and acts like the original and seems to use SMS still as its connection type (still powered by OZ)

Trunks187
12-09-2005, 02:34 PM
I got it installed and it works but once I signed in to one and try to go back and login the others it brings me back to the Application screen....does anyone know how I can login to MSN then go back and log in to Yahoo or AIM