PDA

View Full Version : and the difference is?

Daph
11-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Still not getting what are the new things the 8700 brings with him comparing to the previous BlackBerrys… anyone?

NJBlackBerry
11-13-2005, 08:54 AM
New (faster) processor
More memory
Faster (EDGE) network

Check out the comparisons page on the BlackBerry web site..

mftp

Daph
11-13-2005, 09:09 AM
thanks - i will.

thriller
11-13-2005, 01:30 PM
it's jsut a little upgrade that will keep users happy, and i am pretty suse they are working on the next model as we speak

delmarco
11-13-2005, 02:44 PM
well the screen looks good.
as long as the screen is better and more like a PPC screen
its all good.

Mark Rejhon
11-14-2005, 10:44 AM
well the screen looks good.
as long as the screen is better and more like a PPC screen
its all good.It's very similiar to the colorful PDA's. Just every bit as colorful as a Sony CLIE screen / iPaq screen / etc -- just a lot smaller. Actually, the 8700 screen looks very noticeably more colorful at its brightest setting than my iPaq 4155. Part of this is that it's more strictly a transmissive LCD, which is more colorful than a transflective LCD. (Unfortunately this means you need a backlight to see the unit in the sun, but the backlight is extremely bright - I had no problems reading outdoors even on a bright overcast day, which is a good torture test of a backlit screen). The 7100 is similiar, but the 8700 appears to be brighter than the early 7100's, as in being more readable outdoors than the early 7100's.

You will use a lot more battery power writing emails outdoors, for sure. Although at its dimmest setting during indoor use in total darkness, you probably will use less battery power than the older BlackBerry units. (Just make sure you turn backlight down to its minimum setting - the minimum setting is still brighter than the 7280 backlight)