PDA

View Full Version : Missing icons

Baldessarini
05-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Hello!

Installed new last OS from RIM web page and after that im missing some icons.

- browser
- application centre
- SMS/MMS now just SMS

Storm was purchased from vodafone (ireland). Unblocked by operator. Now using other operators SIM.

Any advices how to get back icons?

Trimix
05-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Make sure they are not hidden. From your homescreen, press the menu key twice. Select "Show All." Does that help?

aiharkness
05-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

Sounds like the service books did not get pushed to the device after the upgrade. Did you try a battery pull? You may also need to go to options > advanced options > host routing table > menu > register now.

Baldessarini
05-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Trimix,

im sure that theres no hidden icons. Just double checked it.

aiharkness,

i did that, but did not helped as well. You see, i purchased that phone in ireland from vodafone. Carrier unlocked it for me a month ago. Now im in Latvia and using Tele2 SIM card. And im 100% sure that any carrier here, in Latvia, have service book for bb, because we dont have blackberrys in sale at all. And that "register now" think did not helped me out too. I tryed that yesterday and today again.

aiharkness
05-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

No blackberry data plan? That changes things. You will not have the native blackberry data service applications without the data plan. In my experience, for example, the browser icon would not be present without the service books. And even if the icon were present in your case, you would not be able to use the browser with out the data service in place.

Baldessarini
05-18-2009, 01:37 AM
So no way to get back browser and mms?