PDA

View Full Version : Lanyard for 7100i

acm
11-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Small detail but does the 7100i come with a lanyard? The diagram on page 1 of the manual shows a "Lanyard Holder" but I searched the box and did not find one. Would be convenient when holding the phone to protect against an accidental drop. I thought it odd that there is a holder provided but not lanyard. Since it can't be worth more than a few pennies to put in the box, I'm sure mine is just missing.

If not, suggestions on where to buy one.

europamo
11-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Its not included

Im sure most places carry them, or from BB directly.

andrebsd
11-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Lots of phones come with a place to put a lanyard (such as my old T610 that had a little notch for one) but don't actualy come with a lanyard. Thats why it says lanyard holder; not lanyard holder & lanyard. I think thats because very few ever seem to use it; I personaly tried it but quickly came to the conclusion that instead of saving my phone from drops, it was causing them as I would take the phone out of the pocket with the lanyard being somewhat wrapped around the phone from being in my pocket. And poof; the lanyard would have the phone slipping out leaving me with a small piece of lanyard in my hand which would then proceed to "rip out" my hand while the phone falls.

jboogie
11-13-2005, 09:21 PM
just say no to lanyards.

they arent good to rely on, and they can be the culprit in more than one accident.

you should keep the BB close to you, in the nice little holster they gave you with the screen turned towards your body to protect from screen scratches.. not on a lanyard being dangled over pasta remnants and watery iced tea from your lunch hour like a cell phone.

europamo
11-13-2005, 09:40 PM
use bungie cord, swing it at people

JJOUBRE3
07-11-2007, 02:17 PM
I found a great lambskin protective case with a magnetic strap to go over the top so it doesn't fall out the case. It also has a has a protective inner liner to protect it from scratches. I bought it off ebay for $20.00

Dawg
07-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I found a great lambskin protective case with a magnetic strap to go over the top so it doesn't fall out the case. It also has a has a protective inner liner to protect it from scratches. I bought it off ebay for $20.00
sweet! this thread is 2 years old

jeffkoz
07-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Cool!
My daughter is two years old!