PDA

View Full Version : No longer able to connect to home wireless network...

Animate
05-18-2009, 01:20 PM
I have an 8900 and have my home network set up. I had been able to connect with no problems wirelessly until a few days ago. I did some of my own trouble shooting with no luck. I then check out my settings and it appears that my BB has the wrong MAC address of my router somehow.

I have no idea how this could have occurred becaue the other devices I have connecting wirelessly have no problem connecting. The PSK is correct but I think because I have the wrong MAC its telling me that its incorrect.

Anyone have this problem before? Any help is greatly appreciated.

TheBigNewt
05-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Just go to manage connections and have the phone find your router again, assuming there's no password key. 99% of WiFi problems are due to the router.

ncbnetworks
05-18-2009, 06:03 PM
I have an 8900 and have my home network set up. I had been able to connect with no problems wirelessly until a few days ago. I did some of my own trouble shooting with no luck. I then check out my settings and it appears that my BB has the wrong MAC address of my router somehow.

I have no idea how this could have occurred becaue the other devices I have connecting wirelessly have no problem connecting. The PSK is correct but I think because I have the wrong MAC its telling me that its incorrect.

Anyone have this problem before? Any help is greatly appreciated.

My Wi-Fi connection quits every few days and the ONLY thing that gets it going again is a battery pull and replace. BB 9000 Bold on Rogers. :x