PDA

View Full Version : 7230 Questions

DJR
11-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Guys - few questions

1. Can you update the Firmware on these things, to fix bugs, or is it automatic? if not how do I do it.

2. The Address book sync with Outlook is awful - any ideas how to make it better?

I have a record in my address book with phone, email, and buisness number as well as name and for some reason when it syncs it just puts name, email.

help!

joginder
11-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Upgrading a firmware ?? people call upgrading the software level from 3.x to 4.x as firmware upgrade. There is no other upgrade that is available.
I have been using BB from last 2+ yrs and i am pretty happy with the sync process. I have about 800 contacts on my outlooks and it syncs them very well. The only thing that I am doing is making sure every contact on my outlook has its Category assigned. because when I sync them with BB, I am applying a filter which says that only sync the contacts which are in this particular category (i.e. BBOnly).

patlam
11-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Upgrade from 3 to 4 is quite simple. download the version handheld software from your carrier and install them. But make sure you have DM installed. When the upgrade launch, it will ask you to close your DM. Then it will ask backup your handheld data and settings or not.
All process like erasing, upload the new software and restart the unit is automatic. It takes around 10-15 mins.