PDA

View Full Version : Applications not working on 7100i

rickpcb
05-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I am using a 7100i on Boost Mobile service and am running into problems with apps. For example - Yahoo Messenger, Gmail, Google Maps - pretty much any app that connects to the internet will not work. I am using Opera Mini with no problems. I am thinking there may be an issue with TCP/IP settings - or the lack of settings? Does anyone have any ideas or know how to find TCP/IP settings on the 7100i?

southwestcomm
05-18-2009, 10:57 PM
probably the lack of a true BB data plan is causing the issue.

dc/dc
05-19-2009, 05:50 AM
probably the lack of a true BB data plan is causing the issue.

Exactly, and you will never get a BlackBerry data plan on Boost Mobile.

rickpcb
05-19-2009, 09:42 AM
I am aware of what will not work without Blackberry Internet Service - but the apps I am talking about are TCP/IP apps and do not require BIS. I am able to use Opera Mini to go online to find apps, then invoke the BB browser to do an OTA install. The errors I receive are similar - and seem to point towards a TCP/IP issue - although I cannot find any settings in this phone. Gmail error: This program requires a working data connection.... YIM error: Service not enabled for this handheld. Google maps: Network unavailable. I know several people who are using these apps on Boost with 7100i. Perhaps I need different service books?

dc/dc
05-19-2009, 10:01 AM
I am aware of what will not work without Blackberry Internet Service - but the apps I am talking about are TCP/IP apps and do not require BIS. I am able to use Opera Mini to go online to find apps, then invoke the BB browser to do an OTA install. The errors I receive are similar - and seem to point towards a TCP/IP issue - although I cannot find any settings in this phone. Gmail error: This program requires a working data connection.... YIM error: Service not enabled for this handheld. Google maps: Network unavailable. I know several people who are using these apps on Boost with 7100i. Perhaps I need different service books?

There are no other service books, and workarounds are not guaranteed to work.

dwnwrdspirl
05-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Sounds like you should just start from scratch. Go to Howard forums and search 7100i in the boost forums for the whole package to install. I assume you have desktop manager to manage your phone. If you have a problem finding it im me and I'll shoot you the link. Personally I don't mind not having the BB service as I would not pay that much. I don't text and that's really all I miss out on. Also Howard forums has more Boostberry users and will help steer you in the right direction.

luckyme78
07-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Sounds like you should just start from scratch. Go to Howard forums and search 7100i in the boost forums for the whole package to install. I assume you have desktop manager to manage your phone. If you have a problem finding it im me and I'll shoot you the link. Personally I don't mind not having the BB service as I would not pay that much. I don't text and that's really all I miss out on. Also Howard forums has more Boostberry users and will help steer you in the right direction.
I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO INSTALL THE IPD WORKBOOKS FOR THE 7100i, can any one help?

luckyme78
07-03-2009, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=luckyme78;1420721]I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO INSTALL THE IPD WORKBOOKS FOR THE 7100i, can any one help?
THANKS!

southwestcomm
07-03-2009, 05:07 PM
No BB service = NO Service Books.

leyemmanuel
07-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Wirelessly posted

in fact,i need blackberry 7100t free downloads wapsites

booberry34
09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
No BB service = NO Service Books.

You can get service books with out BB service just google or go to Howards