PDA

View Full Version : iTunes videos on 8830?

BluePlate
05-22-2009, 01:30 PM
I've read that the 8830 supports mpeg4 videos, but when I loaded a TV show that I downloaded from iTumes (a mpeg4 file) onto my media card, it says there's an error playing it.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

akosnitzky
05-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Its the DRM. There are some media conversion programs you can google

Box15Safety
05-22-2009, 02:06 PM
It may also be how you loaded it. Did you use the BlackBerry Media Sync under the Media button in Desktop Manager? I don't have any video's myself, but all of my purchased music only works if transfered through this process.

BluePlate
05-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Wirelessly posted

Thanks for the replies. I didn't use the Media Sync, so I'll try that. I don't know what DRM is... If I download a converter (any suggestions for a good free one?) what file type should I convert to?

SteveO86
05-22-2009, 03:26 PM
DRM just means the file is protected... I don't believe their is a way around it. It's Apple/iTunes thing.

daphne
05-22-2009, 10:19 PM
DRM:
Digital rights management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management)

Try the forum search feature here for video converters. Or google "convert itunes videos for BlackBerry".

Before downloading any apps, do another search for the app name because there have been some spammed here that reportedly don't work after you pay for them, ie Nidesoft.