PDA

View Full Version : Please help Blackberry virgin...

kittenberry
11-14-2005, 12:08 PM
I am new to the Blackberry format, came from Palm(TreO). Can someone tell me the best way to read ebooks with my BB? I have tried just opening them as .pdf's but it downloads bit by bit instead of all at once. Do I not have enough memory to save these files, or is it a BB-specific issue? I am used to having expandable memory and this is really cramping my style. Is there any way to open the attachment (ebook) and open the whole thing so I can get on a plane and read with the phone off? Thanks a million!

europamo
11-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Always willing to help a virgin out :razz:

Use search and you should find all the answers you need. reading is fun

btw what 7100 do you have?

kittenberry
11-14-2005, 12:25 PM
I have searched for ebook info, my dear, but to no avail. All I seem to come up with are reviews of the 7100 and it's ability to read ebooks, not HOW! I appreciate the angst, but remember, we were all virgins once :) And I have the 7100g.

europamo
11-14-2005, 12:31 PM
no angst here :smile:

If you do a search here on the forums, use "ebooks".

For example there is this post
a thread (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=5268&highlight=ebooks)

Hope that helps

also mobipocket.com

kittenberry
11-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Consider the crow salted and peppered and down my gullet...

So, Do I need the Blackberry JDE then, or will the Tequila-Cat work alone? I think my eyes are crossed from all of the file conversion going on in that process. Ultimately what form does it need to be in?

(OMG, I'm confused)

kittenberry
11-14-2005, 12:38 PM
And my problem was searching IN 7100 for "ebooks". I"m retarded.

europamo
11-14-2005, 12:40 PM
also mobipocket.com

Sorry, I edited that probably after you read it

U need the reader? Or are you trying to convert ? The thread I found you is converting books, the other is a program you pay for.

kittenberry
11-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Nope, the reader will do perfectly... I will try that out. Whew, thanks I was getting scared.