PDA

View Full Version : Curve 8320 and Dropped Bluetooth Connection

cpmathis
05-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Hi All,
I am a new blackberry owner. I just got a Curve 8320 about 3 weeks ago. Carrier is T-Mobile. So far, I am really loving my blackberry. It paired with my plantronics voyager headset fine. What is happening is that it will randomly drop the bluetooth connection in mid call. Most of the time, if I wait 10 seconds, it will reconnect...but this is an extremely annoying problem. I have tried several "fixes" that I found by searching and reading, including unpairing and repairing with the devices further apart. Still having the same problem. I am now keeping my bluetooth feature on the phone turned off. I turn on my plantronics headset first, then go into the manage connections and enable the bluetooth. I am still having the problem at least once or twice a day. :cry:

I was going to try buying a new bluetooth headset since my voyager is about 2 years old. Does anybody know of a bluetooth that might be "more" compatible with the curve and stop dropping the connection? On the forums I read, changing headsets didn't seem to make much difference. Last resort is to changeout my curve with t-mobile, but I am trying to avoid that. Everything else is working fine...including my wifi. I don't think it matters for the bluetooth feature, but I DO NOT have the blackberry plan for internet with my phone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! (y)
Thanks!
Carolyn

NJBlackBerry
05-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Options / About will tell you what version of the OS the 8320 is running - can you check that. It may not have the latest released version.

cpmathis
05-24-2009, 08:55 AM
I checked and my version is 4.5.0 I am not sure if this is the latest version or not? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Carolyn

NJBlackBerry
05-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Read the whole version number. It will be 4.5.0.81 or 4.5.0.something

cpmathis
05-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Blackberry 8320 Smartphone (Edge, Wi-Fi) 4.5.0.81 Platform 2.7.0.78 Cryptographic kernel v.3.8.5.32a I scrolled down and found: Micro Edition Bluetooth Version 1.1

cpmathis
05-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Bumping up to the top...Has anybody else ever had this problem with their BB and Bluetooth?