PDA

View Full Version : BES VS Redirect

gary599
11-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi Crack.......berry user here. I have a little problem, and I need the know it alls to lend a hand.

I have a website, and on the server side I have it set so each e-mail received goes to my crackberry obtw bb7520 on nextel.

Now I have my crackberry set so each email sent has my website from email address. The only problem is I can't sync anything. I know I'm not sopossed to, but thinking I may want to be able too.

I have been doing a little research on ms exchange services and I seem to find the going rate for the service is about 9.99 and you then have to pay 9.99 for the Blackberry add on. So its about 20 bucks a month.

Does anyone here use a 3rd Party Blackberry service like http://www.mailstreet.com/
they charge 12.95/Month For single (1) mailbox plan. and 9.95 a month for their BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 plus

But anyway I still need to figure out if its really worth it.

Gary

Micpip
11-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Try link2exchange

www.link2exchange.com

Works Great

amassere
11-14-2005, 06:59 PM
ive been with www.exchangemymail.com for a while..there amazing..the service is stable.

the way i see it , they all offer the same system..for almost the same price..its the extra's that count..the biggest plus with them is there customer service..amazing..im in sales..and i know what im talking abt 1!!!!

corporate
11-14-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm with ExchangeMyMail as well.

Honestly, I tried the whole redirector thing and decided that it just wasn't for me. You have to have your PC on constantly to forward your email, blah blah blah it was too much of a hassle.

I did some searching around and it seemed a BES was the perfect solution for me. After a bit of hassle setting it up (the guys at ExchangeMyMail were great helps) I've got it all running and I honestly can't imagine how I survived pre-BES. Add in the added plus of full tcp/ip functionality (Bell is somewhat limited in that regard) and I am a happy happy camper.