PDA

View Full Version : Lower case gprs

drawfs76
05-25-2009, 02:34 AM
Hi, new to BB,i would like to know why is there is lower case gprs appearing and not GSM. I went overseas during the weekend and did get the GSM with the foreign network.

And why is there no memo or notepad with my 8820? It is not hidden,just not there, how can i get it.

Thanks.

dankarlinski
05-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (My Bold)

Gprs is a data connection.

I have 3g here and my berry showws it. However, if I lost the signal, it would fall back on edge and then gprs.

Gsm is the voice connection which is always active

ndub33
05-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan on your carrier account?

aiharkness
05-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan on your carrier account?

I don't think I've ever observed GSM on my blackberry. Would a user only see that if on a network that did not provide data service at all, not even carrier only data? Or, when would a user see GSM? ...... Just curious and too lazy to google.

drawfs76
05-25-2009, 10:27 AM
No,ido not have any Blackberry Data Plan.
Can anyone advice how to get the notepad,mine is missing?

ndub33
05-25-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't think I've ever observed GSM on my blackberry. Would a user only see that if on a network that did not provide data service at all, not even carrier only data? Or, when would a user see GSM? ...... Just curious and too lazy to google.

LOL! That's correct...the GSM status would indicate no access to data whatsoever, either because the network couldn't provide it or the device for whatever reason can't connect in any way to a data service.

ndub33
05-25-2009, 10:34 AM
No,ido not have any Blackberry Data Plan.
Can anyone advice how to get the notepad,mine is missing?

Is Notepad in your list of availible apps? (Options> Advanced Options>Applications)

drawfs76
05-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Nope,its not available