PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Call log access

tlhanson220
05-25-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi
Need an expert answer here. I believe someone has accessed by Blackberry curve call log. It does not appear that any other area such as text messaging, etc. was accessed. I do have a password on my device.

Is there any way to bypass the password to access the call log? Is there any spyware out there that can do this?

I need an answer here.... this is driving me a little nuts as I thought my BB was secure. The person who did this also has a blackberry and commented that his BES guys told him how to do it.

I am not on a BES.... I have Internet service for email. Does this make a difference?

Any advise/explanation would be greatly appreciated.

TH

ndub33
05-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Other than hearing this indivdual brag about being able to do this ( and I am not sure how he could have), what leads you to beelive that he has accessed your call log? Is there something that doesn't look right when you look at it yourself?

tlhanson220
05-25-2009, 10:11 AM
I feel fairly certain that my call log was accessed to see who I was talking to. He told me how many calls I had made to certain people and mentioned names of people I had just spoken with recently.

I have alot of personal and company info on my BB and had assumed with a password, I was protected.

Is it possible it was a lucky guess? Yes, but I want to make sure there is nothing out there that would enable someone to bypass a password. Is there any software that could be downloaded into the Desktop software? I sync my device every day because I'm not on a BES.

I used to sell BB from T-Mobile and the password has always ruled i.e., you'd have to kill the device if you didn't know the password. Now I am wondering. If it was a lucky guess, that's one thing. I just need to be sure. Thanks

ndub33
05-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Other than physically accessing your call logs form your device, I don't believe that he can access them. No tools to bypass a password, unless you are a BES Administrator, and you have stated that you aren't on BES.

Thatzmister2u
05-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi
Need an expert answer here. I believe someone has accessed by Blackberry curve call log. It does not appear that any other area such as text messaging, etc. was accessed. I do have a password on my device.

Is there any way to bypass the password to access the call log? Is there any spyware out there that can do this?

I need an answer here.... this is driving me a little nuts as I thought my BB was secure. The person who did this also has a blackberry and commented that his BES guys told him how to do it.

I am not on a BES.... I have Internet service for email. Does this make a difference?

Any advise/explanation would be greatly appreciated.

TH

It is much more likely that they have hacked your TMobile on-line account and are access your billing/use details...

E-