PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail Problems

kavi
11-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Anyone having problems with g-mail forwarding to their blackberries.

Thanks,

Kavi

Hanwei
11-15-2005, 01:32 AM
a couple here and there over the past week didn't get forwarded...

just said that mail attempted to be forwarded to _____@<hidden> has permanently failed...

but just a few emails here and there....most get through. I'm not sure if it's a blackberry.net failure to receive or gmail's failure to send.

dodgydane
11-15-2005, 04:32 AM
all my gmail emails are coming through no problem and with hardly any delay at all....

CodyMac
11-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Anyone having problems with g-mail forwarding to their blackberries.

Thanks,

Kavi

My GMail and any mails coming from my corporate OWA server stopped working sometime this weekend. Basically, my 7100g is receiving NO emails from ANY source at this point.

panthergirl
11-19-2005, 04:50 PM
I just got my 7250 Blackberry today and set it up to integrate with my gmail account. (I'm a little confused with people saying 'forwarding', since I didn't think I'd have to forward my gmail to my blackberry verizon account).

Anyway, I did everything exactly as directed. My gmail was already set up to use POP, etc.

I am getting messages that are addressed to the blackberry account, but NOTHING that would go to my gmail account!

Any suggestions?? The status icon is a green check when I go to the Verizon BIS site, so it appears to be set up correctly.

thanks!

jontalotta
11-19-2005, 05:16 PM
The way I understand it, when people refer to "forwarding" they usually mean that the email from, say, Gmail, is set to auto-forward and automatically be sent to the BIS account, rather than setting up the BIS account to POP the Gmail account (you don't even have to register the Gmail account with the BIS if you use auto-forward from Gmail). In other words, Gmail pushes to BIS, and then BIS pushes to the BB (rather than having BIS pull from Gmail and then push to BB).

As for your problem in general, did you send the service books to your BB after setting up the BIS account? If so, could just be a Gmail problem, people seem to have intermittent problems with POPping Gmail via BIS.

A work around is to stop the POP, and switch to auto-forward. I tried the auto-forward method from Gmail, after using BIS POPping Gmail for a little while, just to see the difference, if any (a bunch of posts previously said it worked better), and found that I was getting emails much faster that way. I've stuck with auto-forward since then and haven't seen any delays whatsoever (famous last words!).

Hope that helps,

JT

Dawg
11-19-2005, 05:39 PM
gmail 28 minute delays for me past week

panthergirl
11-19-2005, 05:55 PM
I guess the only problem I see with the auto-forward option (I just set it up and it definitely works) is that every message appears to be from ME instead of seeing the actual sender's email address.

**Edited to say that this was incorrect... a copy of the mail is forwarded, so it does come from the actual sender and not from myself**

patrick
11-27-2005, 08:04 PM
My Gmail forwarding stiopped today on my 7250 as well

KonTiki
11-27-2005, 08:17 PM
I have a 7250 and have had no delays