PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Q & BlackBerry 8700 Shots!

Boy Genius
11-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Just a couple friendly words...eat my shorts. I AM THE BOY GENIUS.

test
11-14-2005, 09:11 PM
The q's screen could be a little bigger

test
11-14-2005, 09:48 PM
haha, i could be less of a sissy what?

howd the bidding go?

edit: and BOY genius, now your comment was deleted? whos the sissy now

Boy Genius
11-14-2005, 09:53 PM
haha, i could be less of a sissy what?

howd the bidding go?

edit: and BOY genius, now your comment was deleted? whos the sissy now

Listen man. Enough is enough, i'm not trying to be an immature child and I don't think you shoudl either. I explained I have a good relationship with RIM and that it wasn't worth tarnishing it with some stupid auction to make how much? I am not trying to sound so conceded but i piss on $2,000. Second the only reason I got defensive is its like me telling your girlfriend your cheating on her, it invokes stuff that shouldn't be. I try to tread carefully with RIM because of the amount of stuff they have helped me and clients out with. Lets leave all this nonsense alone ok? Plus I just talked to Guess and he laughed his ass off about my comment :smile:

test
11-14-2005, 10:01 PM
haha "i'm not trying to be an immature child"...well your not trying very hard then...i post a comment about the Q and then you respond back with an immature comment? and now you dont think i should be immature...C'MON grow up, look...i dont care what you can piss on and second your getting "defensive" in the wrong thread..."This topic is done. It's dead to me."

Boy Genius
11-14-2005, 10:07 PM
LOL. Its dead to me.

jibi
11-14-2005, 10:16 PM
test, i think the comment you made and the reply received back was the product of your blindly pointing uneducated fingers at someone with a fairly high stakes claim that had no basis in the world on anything tangible aside from your own suspicions. i'm sure if you simply asked BG how he had access to the handhelds and phones, he would tell you. he's a very smart guy within this community (and all things cellular), but he's not involved within that industry directly. i think he's a commodity to the team, and i appreciate having him around - not only as a moderator, but as a valued member of this community. just talking with him a few times has really blown my mind about his profession as well as the lifestyle he leads ...very luxurious.

he wouldn't take a second to even login to eBay much less sell one of his handhelds that would otherwise be going to a client that would most likely pay a lot more than the top bid from someone who won't even chum up the money in a legit auction. and as he said, he has a business relationship with RIM that would be somewhat strained if a) the claim had any merit (it doesn't) or b) people like yourself continue down your paths in life where you make such claims in the first place. i would think an apology was in order somewhere down the line - maybe you realize, even if jokingly stating such a claim, that you were in the wrong.

bperkins
11-14-2005, 10:43 PM
I am all for BG, this guy brings some life to the forums. I think he has more connections than just RIM, my God he has every up and coming device out there...LOL.

Back on topic..thanks for the pictures so how do you like the Q vs. the 8700c? Is VZW close to releasing this? From the looks of the badging it appears close.

barjohn
11-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Back on topic..BG could you post some picture showing the difference in thickness? Also, I measured the keys using your photos and the appear to be very close in size with better spacing for the Q. Is that true in person?

Boy Genius
11-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Should be out Jan-Feb on Verizon. I don't like it actually, before I got the 8700 I loved it, but now it's not that great. Only thing is the multimedia support and the web browsing on EV-DO is amazing. So emotional. Keys are no way near the 8700's abilities. They are probably 2x worse than the Treo 600. I do know that this is not the final hardware and think they are redoing the keys... I will take some shots of the devices side by side for comparison something that really caught me was how thin the Q really is compared to 8700...

Rick7520
11-14-2005, 11:48 PM
Boy Genius, thanks for sharing your info and opions of the devices. You do a great job and I apprciate your posts- they are all very informative and I trust your insights into these devices. Keep up the great work.

14pups
11-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Me thinks it will be piss poor.

teamcrn
11-15-2005, 10:44 AM
i think the moto q looks nice...im worried about the operating system and who is going to carry it...i have nextel and in the process of switching to tmobile for blackberry only...so if tmobile offers it..it might be worth a try

rhwd2003
11-15-2005, 10:46 AM
BG me also, i have been looking around on the forums for months now and it kinda reminds me of bengalboy on hofo, but you are doing a tremendous job and now that you have came to this forum i find myself everyday at work checking in the am and pm to see if you have added anything new about the 8700 :D, thanks soo much for all this and being a moderator to bring some light to this forum, its very very appreciated. Cause right now there is not much info out there or such great "personal" pictures of the 8700 without you on this fourm, its very much appreciated from me! keep going and good luck!

14pups
11-15-2005, 10:52 AM
BG me also, i have been looking around on the forums for months now and it kinda reminds me of bengalboy on hofo, but you are doing a tremendous job and now that you have came to this forum i find myself everyday at work checking in the am and pm to see if you have added anything new about the 8700 :D, thanks soo much for all this and being a moderator to bring some light to this forum, its very very appreciated. Cause right now there is not much info out there or such great "personal" pictures of the 8700 without you on this fourm, its very much appreciated from me! keep going and good luck!

I'll second that.

barjohn
11-15-2005, 10:53 AM
I think BG says that a CDMA version from Verizon will probably be first. However, Motorola said that they would be releasing it for sale in December so maybe a GSM version is around the corner since the Verizon (CDMA) version is not expected until January.

teamcrn
11-15-2005, 10:57 AM
well that would be cool..i might try it out...i am a sucker for a new device..and if it sucks i will go back to my bb...my house is a grave yard for old devices..btw me and my biz partner we probably have had every device out ther from the t900 to the motorola timport 2way, the moto accompli, sidekicks, the sony clie, palm pilots, blackberrys etc...i spend so much money on electronics..from my bb to my phone to my psp..i might have over 1000..on my hip @<hidden> once....rotflmao

dc/dc
11-15-2005, 11:06 AM
well that would be cool..i might try it out...i am a sucker for a new device..and if it sucks i will go back to my bb...my house is a grave yard for old devices..btw me and my biz partner we probably have had every device out ther from the t900 to the motorola timport 2way, the moto accompli, sidekicks, the sony clie, palm pilots, blackberrys etc...i spend so much money on electronics..from my bb to my phone to my psp..i might have over 1000..on my hip @<hidden> once....rotflmao

Your belt sounds like mine... lol

dc/dc
11-15-2005, 11:08 AM

I second that. Boy Genius is my new mobile hero. :)

teamcrn
11-15-2005, 11:08 AM
yup i have to keep pulling my pants up..and since i promote clubs i dont use belt clips for my phone or bb..they go into my front pockets and i have a leather case for my psp...

dc/dc
11-15-2005, 11:14 AM
yup i have to keep pulling my pants up..and since i promote clubs i dont use belt clips for my phone or bb..they go into my front pockets and i have a leather case for my psp...

LOL! I only use belt clips when I am working (I'm an engineer so it's ok :razz:). When I'm not working, my work phone stays at home, and my BB usually goes into my front pocket, or I switch to something smaller (I really like my Samsung E880 or my v60). Only thing I really hate at this point is that no one makes a case that makes the 7105 sit sideways on my waist.

Boy Genius
11-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the supports guys, i appreciate it. The Q is going to be released on Verizon first, they have a big contract with Motorola for this, so Jan-Feb is the first time it will be released worldwide. GSM version I heard isnt till around June of 06. The Operating system isnt bad by any means, it is extremely stable even at this point with the software not being close to finalized, and the WM5.0 is a strong competitor, just depends on what your needs are in a device thats all...

teamcrn
11-15-2005, 11:18 AM
yeah when i am @<hidden> work everything is @<hidden> my desk...i have a charger @<hidden> my desk and in my bedroom..i use a 860 for voice..thinking of getting the i870..but dont know yet my partner rushed and got the 930..then he sold it and got the 870...so i will see about that one..but back to the topic..i love all this info about these devices..tell you the truth i dont buy any thing will out doing my homework and this site is part of the process

Reesejohnson
11-15-2005, 03:16 PM
boy genius is my hero on the gadgets......
nuff said

aristobrat
11-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the supports guys, i appreciate it. The Q is going to be released on Verizon first, they have a big contract with Motorola for this, so Jan-Feb is the first time it will be released worldwide. GSM version I heard isnt till around June of 06. The Operating system isnt bad by any means, it is extremely stable even at this point with the software not being close to finalized, and the WM5.0 is a strong competitor, just depends on what your needs are in a device thats all...
Any BlackBerry Connect for the Q thoughts/rumors/info? :smile:

Jack T. Chance
11-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the supports guys, i appreciate it. The Q is going to be released on Verizon first, they have a big contract with Motorola for this, so Jan-Feb is the first time it will be released worldwide. GSM version I heard isnt till around June of 06. The Operating system isnt bad by any means, it is extremely stable even at this point with the software not being close to finalized, and the WM5.0 is a strong competitor, just depends on what your needs are in a device thats all...How in the zarkin' FARDWARKS did Verizon swing that?!?!?!?!?!? :?

Last *I* heard, the Q was to be a T-MOBILE exclusive!!!! :x

Then again, I guess it doesn't really matter. Given Motorola's LOUSY track record with Windows Mobile smartphones/PDA phones*, the Q probably won't be worth anything except as an eye-catching piece of "bling". :-P

*Anyone that has followed Motorola's Windows OS phones knows that the ones that made it to the market in the USA (MPx200 (http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=315), MPx220 (http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=478)) were recalled/discontinued by the cell phone carriers fairly quickly, due to having too many complaints from users about bugs/glitches. Also, the planned release of the MPx100 (http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=477) has been cancelled, and the highly anticipated MPx(300) (http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=479) never saw release beyond the Asian markets used for initial product testing, because it also never worked as well as Motorola hoped it would. (n)

Boy Genius
11-15-2005, 09:20 PM
the Q I think will change that...your completely right about what you said about the Windows OS but they have invested way too much money in this and plus it's on Verizon and Verizon paid stupid money to have it first opposed to them offering to one of the 90,000 GSM carriers first. You will see it released...

bperkins
11-15-2005, 10:08 PM
BG...is it possible that Verizon chose this device instead of the 8700? Or as in the past the newer BlackBerry models go GSM carriers first?

9balla4life
11-17-2005, 06:39 PM
I am not trying to sound so conceded but i piss on $2,000. Second the only reason I got defensive is its like me telling your girlfriend your cheating on her, it invokes stuff that shouldn't be. I try to tread carefully with RIM because of the amount of stuff they have helped me and clients out with. Lets leave all this nonsense alone ok? Plus I just talked to Guess and he laughed his ass off about my comment :smile:

BG, after reading your comments I think it's rather funny that you're comparing a blackberry/phone to a girlfriend. That's really funny... I hope none of you guys are serious about any of this.

nicaboy69
11-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Just a couple friendly words...eat my shorts. I AM THE BOY GENIUS.

BG,

Do you know when 8700 will be out for Nextel??

Thanks

A.S.

dc/dc
11-18-2005, 08:35 AM
BG,

Do you know when 8700 will be out for Nextel??

Thanks

A.S.

Probably never. If anything, you will see this device with EV-DO technology offered on Sprint's CDMA network. It is in Sprint's plan to phase out the iDen network.

teamcrn
11-18-2005, 09:01 AM
there not going to phase it out till 2010...so i would say yes it will come out on iden just to keep up in the market since it has a ptt button on the side and speaker phone already on it

dc/dc
11-18-2005, 12:30 PM
there not going to phase it out till 2010...so i would say yes it will come out on iden just to keep up in the market since it has a ptt button on the side and speaker phone already on it

AFAIK, 2010 is the time when phase out is supposed to be completed. And jugdging by how long it is taking the CingulATT integration to complete, Sprint will begin the phase out very soon.

rickr
11-18-2005, 02:57 PM
BG, how about a picture side by side that demonstrates the thickness of the Q and the 8700? Thanks!

midwest@fan.com
11-19-2005, 10:13 AM
AFAIK, 2010 is the time when phase out is supposed to be completed. And jugdging by how long it is taking the CingulATT integration to complete, Sprint will begin the phase out very soon.

From my meetings with Nextel governmental reps they ave stated that the IDEN network is being phased out now for civilians, and they want to only keep government on IDEN until full transition to CDMA Sprint. Either way, I am done with IDEN Nextel, they are not maintaining their hardware and cutting their costs is the primary concern for them.

takeshi
11-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Ha:

http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/smartphones/motorola-q-in-the-wild-138247.php#viewcomments

snooks
11-20-2005, 02:10 AM
I don't know which one you are seeing but the one I saw last week had great keys. Easily better than the Blackberrys or Treos. This blows away both devices. I expect it will be a huge seller.

Should be out Jan-Feb on Verizon. I don't like it actually, before I got the 8700 I loved it, but now it's not that great. Only thing is the multimedia support and the web browsing on EV-DO is amazing. So emotional. Keys are no way near the 8700's abilities. They are probably 2x worse than the Treo 600. I do know that this is not the final hardware and think they are redoing the keys... I will take some shots of the devices side by side for comparison something that really caught me was how thin the Q really is compared to 8700...

greggebhardt
11-20-2005, 08:05 AM

I would be surprised if Nextel got the 8700, if they did it would be last.

I also can not see Sprint putting any more money into iDen technology. I am hoping that Sprint gets PTT up to use on both Nextel and Sprint for it's customers. After they do that, I think we will see Sprint getting many iDen customers to get off of the iDen network.

I do not think that Sprint will have to move loyal customers off of iDen, they willo slowly make it less attractive and allow iDen customers stave to death for new technology. With out a doubt, Sprint has a master plan that will get people off iDen in the future.

dc/dc
11-20-2005, 10:33 AM
From my meetings with Nextel governmental reps they ave stated that the IDEN network is being phased out now for civilians, and they want to only keep government on IDEN until full transition to CDMA Sprint. Either way, I am done with IDEN Nextel, they are not maintaining their hardware and cutting their costs is the primary concern for them.

Agreed. I think we are on the same page. The whole point of the merger was to get Nextel out of the bands where they interfered with Public Service networks (Motorola SmartNet 800, etc.).

Anyway, we are now taking this post way off-topic, so lets return to the Q. =)

dagoo98
11-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Is there any chance that Nextel will get the Motorola Q?

dc/dc
11-21-2005, 10:46 AM

There's a better chance of the Pope being Jewish.

The device is way too thin, and adding iDen hardware would thicken the device to at least the thickness of the 7200 series BB.

Not to mention the posts right above you discussing how Sprint is not going to be heavily investing in iDen anymore.

guter21
11-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Ok guys first time post on Blackberryforums.com but i have a few questions. At the time i have that i930 from nextel....not happy with it at all or the calls it makes. I was thinking about going back 2 cingular and getting one of these blackberrys when they come out. With the 8700 BB will i be able 2 hook it up 2 my mac? Can you add memory like from an SD card? Does it work on HTMP or is it WAP? Thank you guys for your help.

eros18
11-23-2005, 07:50 PM
As always great pics boygenius!

Bigmark173
12-01-2005, 12:42 AM
You can use your Blkberry with your MAC. No, you can't add memory to it, sorry! I am VERY happy with my 8700c

Dubdub
12-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Ok guys first time post on Blackberryforums.com but i have a few questions. At the time i have that i930 from nextel....not happy with it at all or the calls it makes. I was thinking about going back 2 cingular and getting one of these blackberrys when they come out. With the 8700 BB will i be able 2 hook it up 2 my mac? Can you add memory like from an SD card? Does it work on HTMP or is it WAP? Thank you guys for your help.

No SD slot, or any other kind for that matter. It has both a WAP and HTML browsers.

Can't help you with the MAC question.

rickrump
12-04-2005, 03:11 PM
I have a T-Mobile 7100T and an generally happy but the multi letters per key still slows me down from previous BB. So I am looking forward to the Q. Plus, Motorola is my CUSTOMER, so I won't have to hide my BB anymore!

Rick

cwosigns
12-04-2005, 07:22 PM
It does work with a mac if u use PocketMac.

aristobrat
12-04-2005, 08:16 PM
FWIW, syncing w/ a Mac works OK, but as far as I know, you can't use a Mac to load software onto a BB (or upgrade the software), or use the BB as a modem.

Luke
12-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Does anyone have a price tag on the Q?

prodriver
01-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Is this Motorola Q touchscreen?

aristobrat
01-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Nope. It's a Windows Mobile Smartphone, so no touch screen.

trstack
01-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Windoze Mobile Sucks...enough said...

If you can't stand the 8700, wait for the Nokia E61

greggebhardt
01-07-2006, 08:45 AM

Sprint maybe but not Nextel. The PTT feature with Nextel has it days numbered and Sprint will be introducing the replacement soon.

bbmike
01-08-2006, 12:08 PM
would the E61 work on BlackBerry OS?

Lex Luthor
01-08-2006, 02:46 PM
The E61 has BlackBerry connect if I'm not mistaken.

jdempsey
02-02-2006, 10:58 PM
So when and will Verizon put out the 8700

dc/dc
02-02-2006, 11:05 PM
So when and will Verizon put out the 8700

Way to go ace. You dredged up an old topic, and then posted something completely irrelevant to the topic.

Search through the Rumour Mill.

jdempsey
02-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Way to go ace. You dredged up an old topic, and then posted something completely irrelevant to the topic.

Search through the Rumour Mill.

(y) Ace is my nick name- So you don't know then?

dc/dc
02-03-2006, 09:04 AM
(y) Ace is my nick name- So you don't know then?

No, and I don't care. I'm trying to help you out by directing you where to look. There are other threads about CDMA 8700 series devices.