PDA

View Full Version : 7105t mic not working occaisionally

Chraos
11-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Greetings all,

I'm experiencing a problem where sometimes when I call with my 7105t (T-Mobile), the person on the other end can't hear me at all--same thing if I'm using an automated response system (menu), it can't hear my keypresses/touch tones. It's very frustrating: I have to hang up, wait a half-minute or so, and redial, hoping it works.

Is this a known issue that has been fixed? PLEASE NO "ME TOO" POSTS. I would like to figure out how to fix this.

Second Issue: extremely slow touch tones. Any fix for that? Again... no "me too's" please.

Cheers,

Chris

ptzchris
11-15-2005, 08:07 AM
not trying to sound like s arcastic a@<hidden>@<hidden> but wondering have you pulled the battery out and put it back again and wait for the phone to restart......just wondering that usually solves a lot of problems i have the 7105t thats why.

Chraos
11-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Not sarcastic at all... in fact, in my audacity, after all the phones and PDAs I've owned, I didn't even think to try that. I'll do it and report back. Still taking other suggestions, though!

abs@abenavides.com
09-20-2006, 09:13 AM
I had the same issue. There is a short-circuit in the mic system. Sounds dramatic, but it is easy to fix (I think).
I took the risk and opened the device to see what is wrong. It's easy to open: there are 4 screws in the back, 2 at the bottom and 2 at the top, just under the speakerphone cover that can be pulled out with a small flat screwdriver. Then, with the same screwdriver, push in one of the tabs in the side of the phone and you can take the covers off.
There are 4 more screws at the bottom side which holds the keyboard in place. Once these 4 are out there you need to push one of the tabs to release the keyboard. And there is the problem: The phone comes with a rubber band and a some sillicone to prevent the mic from touching the metal device that is right under it. I guess that metal device has something to do with the mic system, since it as a hole which matches the position of the mic. Anyway, the problem is that for some reason either the sillicone or the rubber band or both are broken (surely your kids!) and is causing the mic to short-circuit with the metal device. So, I cut some insulating tape and place it on the metal device (make sure you do not cover the hole, put everything back on its place and... voila! it is working now!
I just fix it yesterday. I do not know if there would be any "side-effects", but at least is working fine for now. I just wanted to let you guys know because I was looking around for answers too and is frustrating not finding anything.
Enjoy!